• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire schooling needed.

frank1669

I got a buddy willing to do some trading for CUCV parts for tires

These would be going on an M38a1

The 3 sizes I am interested in Are:
7.50-16 NDT Only questions on these are they to stiff for off road ? Will the "pooch" out and have sidewall flex when aired down ?

235-85 r16
215-85 r16

Will these work on stock rims ( rivited) with out tubes? I am kinda wooried the air would leek out past the rivits, the 235 is reccomended for 7 inch wide rims will these be to wide?

1958 M274

I got a buddy willing to do some trading for CUCV parts for tires

These would be going on an M38a1

The 3 sizes I am interested in Are:
7.50-16 NDT Only questions on these are they to stiff for off road ? Will the "pooch" out and have sidewall flex when aired down ?

235-85 r16
215-85 r16

Will these work on stock rims ( rivited) with out tubes? I am kinda wooried the air would leek out past the rivits, the 235 is reccomended for 7 inch wide rims will these be to wide?
If you are using the original 4.5" wide wheels, I would stick with the original size 7.00-16 NDCC or NDT tires, or if you're using a radial, 215-85R16, as they are an equivalent size. I've been considering a fairly aggressive radial in that size for my stock CJ-3A, but options are limited.

Unless you have a lift, 235-85R16s or especially 7.50-16s will rub with much suspension flex, maybe even on the front when turning on level ground...
Joe

1958 M274

BTW: You asked about mounting tubeless tires on the original wheels. If I go that route for my 3A, I plan to take a little silicone and seal around the rivets inside the wheels, jut to be sure.
Joe

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks