• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire shopping

rizzo

this will probably be the next tire I buy for a DD. I had them before and know they clean well in the mud.

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...r=1986&cs=265&pc=43346&vid=003535&rd=16&ar=75

I don't want to step on any toes, but I had a truck stuck at my place in a couple inches of mud with BFG all terrains. the tread filled up and would not clean. the guy wasn't pigged out or on the frame. just no traction. most of the other mud boggers don't like em FOR MUD.
they seem good everywhere else.

appalacious

just seems like bfg is the only one that makes the 33x10.50. I really want 33s that will fit on my stock rims. know of any other companies that do that size?
J

appalacious

ok, thanks for all the help with this guys. Given my planned use for these tires I have pretty much decided to go with the BFGs. Now my question is this, 10.50s or 12.50s (I'll be doing 33in diameter). I just talked to a guy down the street with a rig much better than mine that seems to think 12.50s would be fine on my stock rims (15x8) even though all the manufacturers recommend 8.5" wide rims for 12.50s. Any thoughts?

J

1956_4x4

I have the BFG A/T's on two of my trucks. I've run them for quite a while and do like them. You are right, they are worthless in mud. They don't clean at all, just become big slicks. However, since I'm in the land of sand and pavement they work fine for my situation. If I were going to a place with real dirt or mud, I would be hunting a different type of tire.

Smitty

rizzo

1956_4x4 said:
I have the BFG A/T's on two of my trucks. I've run them for quite a while and do like them. You are right, they are worthless in mud. They don't clean at all, just become big slicks. However, since I'm in the land of sand and pavement they work fine for my situation. If I were going to a place with real dirt or mud, I would be hunting a different type of tire.

Smitty
just goes to show that whats good for one may not be good for another because of your application. My best friend has all terrains and has never had a problem with them with the things he does.

I say this because some people will argue till the sun goes down that what they use is the best cause it works good for them.

Armada

You're right about the mud. That was one of the times I put the BFG Mud Terrains on my truck. It was a 1008 that I knew would be spending alot of time off road, it was my hunting truck.They seemed to work well. I'll try and find a picture of it. They make a little more noise than the All-Terrains but seemed to ride well and wear well too. I can say that both are SUPER in the snow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks