• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire Size Comparison 16 vs 14 vs 15.5

Special T

Interesting concept with the 395 1200 combination. Mud dragged often put slightly taller tires in the front to help pull themselves through the mud.

I would guess that if your engaged the front end there is some slippage happening anyway so the difference wouldn't be so much

tobyS

The maxxpro plus uses a 395 up front with the 12.00s in the rear. They are within 1 inch of each other overall. With dual 12.00s you are not overwidth. It doesnt stick out any further than the 395 singles do.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
Man, 8 or more of them would drains ones piggy bank bigly!

But they sure are nice...would be great on my 929A2.

How do you plan on dealing with the stud diameter vs. wheel hole size?

PM if you located a great deal to share.

Last edited:

tobyS

Interesting concept with the 395 1200 combination. Mud dragged often put slightly taller tires in the front to help pull themselves through the mud.

I would guess that if your engaged the front end there is some slippage happening anyway so the difference wouldn't be so much

Yes, I see your point when offroading.
I'm thinking about having a plow and hitting areas of road that it doesnt slip. I want it to be fairly close on the revolutions per mile statistic. The 365 to 11.00 rev/mi (depending on make) is within 5 revolutions (around 470) in a mile or about 1%.

Last edited:

Special T

In the offroad equiptment world for loaders and such you are allowed 6% difference front to rear. I'm unsure on 6wd vehicles. I know you get lots of traction with just the 4 rear tires and if they are slipping on snow it may provide enough for the 395s.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
The G272s new on wheels with runflats installed are 190ea. Which isnt too bad in my opinion. It also puts the tire capacity of the truck at 95,000lbs

tobyS

The G272s new on wheels with runflats installed are 190ea. Which isnt too bad in my opinion. It also puts the tire capacity of the truck at 95,000lbs

Is there an option to get them without runflats or do they all have them?

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Is there an option to get them without runflats or do they all have them?
You can buy them individually and put them back together. He has em already separated. The G272s are tough from what I can tell. Ive got two junk tires on wheels from him. Nearly bald. With honestly counting 8 to 15 plugs in each tire,sidewalls and all they still hold air. Crazy. //cloud.tapatalk.com/s/58e333122194c/military_tire_brochure.pdf

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks