• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire size question

helobravo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Will 14.5 R20 tires fit stock duece wheels? Same question for 12.5 R20.
I wouldn't think that they would fit on rear in stock configuration due to width.
Thanks in advance.

helobravo

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for the link.
Sure would be nice to find a straight answer.
I do not know what the three digit discriptions
mean.
We all have our own knowledge sets. Mine is not tire nomenclature.

Last edited:

PROSTOCKTOM

I think you'ld be better off buying some different wheels If you plan to go with that large of

tires. Someone on here just posted some photos last week of a 14.5 on a stock rim.

Once you see it the answer will become really clear why not to do it.

Tom

Last edited:

Broke Down

I have actually mounted a set of 18.00 on a set of stocks, don't worry....we were just using them for a atv trailer we built for a mobile bar/music station.

59apache

Chipmaker
the answer is easy...read the manufacturer specs for the tires. for each dimension is the rim width specified. its a range from - to. if youre out of this range, it's maybe unsafe / dangerous.
if you're involved in an accident, you're in trouble. if somebodys hurt or dead and it's your fault you're in big trouble (and i doesn't mean the law...)

a damaged tire due overheating, (stress on the flanks) is possible....and 5 tons in a uncontrolled situation are not funny.

no offense to anybody...

just me 2 cents....

do it once, do it right.