• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire size/ transmission wear question

Im nearly finished my rebuild :grin:. I would like to replace the tires on my m1009 with either 32 11.5 15 or 33 12.5 15. Do I need to be concerned with my tranny burning up, or having issues getting off the line too slow? What other issues might I encounter? Rub? Im thinking about getting BFG All Terrains. I spend nearly all my time on pavement. Any thoughts?

ODdave

The ball joints would be the bigest concern. I would put the best ones you can buy in there while you have it apart. I dont belive you will see any other noticable wear.

markg

Im nearly finished my rebuild :grin:. I would like to replace the tires on my m1009 with either 32 11.5 15 or 33 12.5 15. Do I need to be concerned with my tranny burning up, or having issues getting off the line too slow? What other issues might I encounter? Rub? Im thinking about getting BFG All Terrains. I spend nearly all my time on pavement. Any thoughts?
09's were born with 10-15 but you cant buy them anymore, they are now 31-10.50. with the 3.08 ratio they will run the speed limit just fine. i have see 32-11.50 under the truck and they look good also and probably will not cause undo stress on the steering components. downside is a little slower off the line, and the speedomter is off by 10%.

duchiem1009

I have 315/75/16 on my M1009 with the 3.08 gears, I do not know if the pump has been turned up. I have great pick up and no problem cruising down the freeway. But I'm switching to 3/4 tons soon. Imo you'd be fine with 33's..

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks