• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire sizing

Dmoser

Im sure there are threads on this out there already but i have limited time at the moment to search for them. I need to get a new set of tires for my 1984 M1009 (7 years old and one of them has a pretty steady leak). I know that from the factoy they come with 31/10.5/15 tires. I was planning on putting a lift kit on it eventually and wanted to upgrade to 35/12.5/15 tires so i dont want to get a set of the original size and then replace them soon after. so my question is, will that set of 35s fit the truck as is or do i have to wait for the lift? also when i change tire size, what will i need to do to have the spedometer read the correct speed?

:rant:

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
So your saying your time is more important than ours? Just asking as that is the way it comes across.

The 33/12.5/15s fit without modification.

Last edited:

Dmoser

So your saying your time is more important than ours? Just asking as that is the way it comes across.

The 33/12.5/15s fit without modification.
Thanks for the advice. And no, I'm not saying my time is more important. sorry if you felt that's how it sounded. Just had a second to make this post today is all. very hectic schedule these days

emr

OOOOH!!!!!!! Those axles get me all oozy :) that is a NICE Blazer, very very nice, That is the upgrade they need for sure, i can live with that motor, but those axles are the way to go, very nice indeed... :)

Shrapnel

Just a Hoosier stuck out west!
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have 315/75/16 on mine with no lift but I have put M1008 axles under mine.
AllenEM - Are you running your tires on stock M1008 wheels? I'm looking for the largest tires I can fit on the skinny stock rims (16"x6.5") on my M1010. How easy did they mount and how do they drive? Thanks.

AllenEM

stock m1008 rims, they mounted pretty easy and I love how it drives but I would like to go a little faster but I not in that much of a hurry. It's a trail river rig any way so the lower gears really shine in that department.

2deuce

Is there some fender trimming up front? 34.5" tires usually rub without trimming or lift. 1100x16r are very skinny surplus tires and will fit those rims but you will need alot of trimming or some trimming even with a 4" lift. I was thinking a zero rate with a 4" lift would be best and maybe could avoid trimming.

OL AG '89

33x12.5x15's on stock rims with a good set of springs no issues.... Sagging springs and you get clearance issues.
No worry about not doing the search, we are all just sitting around waiting to help you guys that are Way Too Busy to take 30 seconds to search the information....
I can't remember the last time I spent 30 seconds looking for something do... wait, just then....:deadhorse: