• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire suddenly loosing air

ramdough

I did a longer road trip 2 hours each way. The next week one of my better tires started losing air.

I looked for nails and did not find one. CTIS does not work yet. Over 2 weeks one tire goes flat

What is a likely culprit for a tire that used to be really good tire?

CTIS valve? O-ring? Look better for nails?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In a cup, with a paint brush, make some good, stable foam with water + kitchen soap and apply around valve stem and other suspicious areas.
Check for bubbles growing...

Ronmar

Remove the banjo fitting where the larger CTIS hose connects to the hollow wheel stud. Put the banjo in a plastic bag or rubber glove and seal it to the hose with tape. If the glove inflates like a balloon, it is the CTIS wheel valve leaking. Not uncommon, put a jack stand under the axle and let the air out of the tire with the Schrader on the wheel valve, then remove the screws that hold the wheel valve cover on. There is a spring and a rubber diaphragm. On the inside center of the diaphragm you will see where it seals over the hole that feeds on to the tire. Either the diaphragm is damaged or there is dirt/corrosion around that center hole keeping it from sealing.

ramdough

Remove the banjo fitting where the larger CTIS hose connects to the hollow wheel stud. Put the banjo in a plastic bag or rubber glove and seal it to the hose with tape. If the glove inflates like a balloon, it is the CTIS wheel valve leaking. Not uncommon, put a jack stand under the axle and let the air out of the tire with the Schrader on the wheel valve, then remove the screws that hold the wheel valve cover on. There is a spring and a rubber diaphragm. On the inside center of the diaphragm you will see where it seals over the hole that feeds on to the tire. Either the diaphragm is damaged or there is dirt/corrosion around that center hole keeping it from sealing.
Just so I am not an idiot…..

The drivers side lug nuts are LH thread, the passenger side are RH thread….. but all banjo bolts are RH thread….Correct?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks