• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire Swap - video spit rims, run flats, and TWF inserts

McSpeed

Big thanks to everybody that gave me input on tires, rims...and more. My son wanted to video the swap after he watched me do the first one. He's 15 and I had no idea he knew how to do this. I didn't comment on any torque specs because it may be different on different wheels, but this is how I dismantled the factory runflat wheels and installed the new tires on the old rims with the Trail Worthy Fab inserts.

All in all, it took about 30 to 45 minutes per wheel just plugging along. I plan on dropping it off this week for balancing. Hopefully that goes smooth.

I LOVE the looks of these TRXUS Super Swampers. Really aggressive and made in the USA.

https://youtu.be/WrLGsyeEMow

McSpeed

Got the tires balanced on Monday afternoon. They took a LOT of weight - but they guy got them to zero out. I ran it up to 60 mph - nice and smooth. That's all we can hope for.

They tell me these style tires often take a lot of weight compared to a 33 or smaller on a LARGER rim, or even a 37 or larger on a larger rim diameter. The tires are built in a mold and they are known to be inconsistent.

TOBASH

Father, Surgeon, Cantankerous Grouch
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine are balanced but I also run centramatics, just in case.

My vehicle drives smooth past 65MPH, as long as you wear ear muffs.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got the tires balanced on Monday afternoon. They took a LOT of weight - but they guy got them to zero out. I ran it up to 60 mph - nice and smooth. That's all we can hope for.

They tell me these style tires often take a lot of weight compared to a 33 or smaller on a LARGER rim, or even a 37 or larger on a larger rim diameter. The tires are built in a mold and they are known to be inconsistent.
My retirement fund is the lead in all the weights.....

McSpeed

So far so good - I've put probably 100 miles on since the tire swap. I may drive it to Civil Air Patrol tonight on the back roads. That will be the longest single run at a steady 55.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks