• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tire Valve Caps for Military Vehicles

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Little quickie info on tire valve caps. Typically the military uses metal valve caps, and vehicles from the Viet Nam era and before would have had the screwdriver type (pictured). I am not sure if the various OEMs cap manufacturer is Milton or not, but Milton is easy to obtain on the aftermarket. Of course the caps need a shot of flat black paint before install. I was able to find a box of 100 of these caps cheap on our favorite auction site. See the box for part number, 437.

Attachments

tommys2patrick

I wonder why they call them screw driver type? I always thought the slot on top was to use as a core deflate/removal/install tool. I suppose the slot on this type is big enough to get a screw driver in. I know the kind you get from tire shops typically are pretty flimsy in that regard. In places where they use mag chloride, metal caps don't seem to hold up well and corrode to the valve stem or worse, to the TPS.

Csm Davis

I actually have a collection of the different types I have found on the trucks I will try to get a picture of all the different types I have.

sent from my decrepit fingers

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks