• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tire wearing uneven

JOEDEUCE

Definitely interested in alignment procedure myself.... I still need to check my alignment.
My plan is to pull both front wheels and fix a flat bar off of the hub flanges . Maybe use a lug stud / nut to hold the bars on each side.... I figure this.method will be more accurate than measuring off the tire or rim. I will post pics of my operation....Prolly after new years....

Bill W

When I bought my truck both front tires were severly worn on the outside., When I pulled the hubs to put in new seals and one piece boots I checked the bronze bushings and they looked/fit great but the pass tire still looks crooked, I also replaced my shocks but only because I found a pair cheap. Bad shocks ( on any vehicle ) would only cause chopping/cupping on the outer part of the tire ( from tire consantly bouncing ). Unfortunatly I've only been on one long trip (220 miles ) since I redid the front and the replacement tires don't look bad since doing that trip

Last edited:

Munk

Front shocks on a straight axle truck help hold the tires down on the ground. They will cause chopping. I am going to try a set of shocks myself.