• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tires for 5 ton

Stevepala

Hello All,

Will be taking delivery of my first MV from New Castle on Tuesday. I purchased a M900 dump truck with small tires and would like to pgrade them to larger more aggressive tires.

I'm aware of the 16r20, but is it possible to use 24r21 on the rear. Has anyone done this? Will be used off road.

Thanks

Steve

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I guess the utmost thing is that the tires are the same rolling diameter. I've never seen a 24R21 but would like to read the replies on this.

Stevepala

I agree and after doing some research have found that the diameter difference is around an 1 inch depending on the manufacturer. Which might be an issue running on pavement but shouldn't in mud and dirt. Just not sure if there is enough clearance between them.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
24.00R21 are about 1-1.5" taller than a 16.00.

You plan on using it to haul anything? I wouldn't go over a 14.00 tire if so...

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I've got a 931 myself with just 11.00's on it. Might want to try driving it around first to get a feel for it. It will be a dog on 16.00's or larger...

KsM715

Ive seen trucks with the 16's and you can barely slip your hand between the rears. (on an 809, dont know about a 900). I would think with an increase of 1" those tires will be rubbing.

M813A1

With the 1600R20 on your truck you will loose your pull power !! But on the other end you will gain road speed !! Your better bet is to consider the 140R20 tires they will give you a good pull power to road speed ratio . Another choice would be the 1200R20 they would give you a good pull power to road speed ratio and not cost as much !! Consider getting a hold of M1075 here on SS he sells the 1400R20 tires at a decent price and he can ship them too. Also M1075 has a web site it is Black Star Surplus . Good Luck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks