• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tires from 100dollarman.com

jollyroger

So I went to Las Vegas with my girlfriend a few weeks ago and found 100dollarman.com (Mark) on SS. He had an add with tons of tires and a bunch of trucks and trailers out of Lucerne Valley California. Only about 190 miles from Vegas. I thought we might get boared after a week in Vegas, we're not gamblers. Any way we took a day trip down to see what he had. Glad that we did. Mark is awesome. He had some way cool stuff. Anyway Mark talked me into, (made me a great deal), a set of 8 395-85R20 Michelins. I was skeptical but he said they would fit. 46 inches tall. Talk about sweet. I flipped the rear hubs too. If you get a chance to buy from Mark please do so. He is a first rate guy. Thanks Mark for all your help. JF3

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Yup they will fit, a little rubbing on the driver's side steering, but no worrys there. I agree, the times I have talked to mark, he is one of the good ones.

jollyroger

More pics of the tire/wheel reassembally. Had the tires broken down at a local tire shop. 8 bucks a tire to take them apart was well worth it. It took three of us several hours to put them all back together. Once we got a system down it was not bad. We used the 900-20 tubes and liners. Just could not find enough 1400-20 tubes in town. I will order and update tubes as needed. One of the 900-20 tubes had been patched. That is the only one that is leaking currently.;-)

Attachments

jollyroger

They rubbed on the exhaust clamps I have. There is a piece of flexible pipe in the wheel well. I cut a couple of the lugs before I remembered I needed to spin them around. :evil: Then they rub on the steering and the louvered pannels when twisted and turned. They will clearence but I will do some bending so as to not have more cuts.

Alredneck

Banned
Looking good, 395s on a deuce rock!

I would definantly get the right sized tubes when available. 13/40r20s are only a lil less than 40 buck each but will fill the void left with the 9s. Even though the sidewalls are really stiif and support the weight of the truck. I would get the right sized tubes, the flaps can stay 9s as that just protect the tube from chaffing on the rim. .02!

100dollarman

John- Thank YOU! You were a pleasure to do business with!!!

I have been trying to keep only the best tires in stock and not charge TOOO much for them!

I just got in a bunch of really nice 395 XMLs so now we have about 20 each of the the Mich XMLs and Goodyear MVTs in stock.

Here is a load I got in the other day---

The truck looks awesome!!! You and your friends are studs for changing those tires! (I use the local tire shop!) I am getting close to having the HEMTT wheels centered for the Deuce---- I'll make you a good deal on those when you are ready!

Thank you very much!!!

Attachments

woodywood

Private
not tryin to cut nobody's throat but captain and i are workin on a tire contract and we have humvee tires out the wazoo bias ply but we have a bunch of 1400 / 20 just getting started will post pics and prices soon thanks!

Andy1234

I've bought tires from both Mark (100dollarman) and Cap't / Woody, and have been equally pleased w/ both of them.

Mark (100dollarman) will go out of his way to help w/ shipping and Cap't / Woody can deliver, so either/or, you get the best of both worlds.

Quality and service was top-notch either way.

Andy

airmech3839

I wanna know how much for a set of 7 for transport to Augusta, GA....I am just curious about it...not too serious maybe down the road...other things to do to truck first....:?: