• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

tires

Westech

CPL
the XL tires are the best military tire... winter driving?? like a rust bucket huh.... well I would go with good year G177 tires. there a "dump truck" tire and come in the 11:00 x 20 size.

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was at berg tire yesterday they had a bunch of the goodyears that looked new. No michelins left (I got the last 2).

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
ken said:
bjorn, got any pics of the completed tire?
Yep, you know me Ken, pictures of everything. :)

While Jason was mounting the tires, I siped them, took about 15 minutes per tire. This was in Arkansas, the images below from this morning, 5,000 miles later.
The original depth of the cut was 3/16 of an inch. The closeup shows the typical (uneven) wear of the front tire.
In general, the tire wears about 1/32 every 1,000 miles in my experience.

Attachments

MikeON

Re: RE: tires

Westech said:
the XL tires are the best military tire... winter driving?? like a rust bucket huh.... well I would go with good year G177 tires. there a "dump truck" tire and come in the 11:00 x 20 size.
Has anyone run these tires as duals on a Deuce? The Goodyear website

http://www.goodyear.com/cfmx/web/truck/datapage.cfm?prodline=161006&webprodline=G177

says 13.2" minimum dual spacing. I measure about 12.7" on my truck. I know this has been asked before, but I haven't found a concise answer.

Mike

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would think it would be no problem as several have dual michelins which are also 11.00's.

emr

I have the G177's on my 925 i like em better ...for awile anyway then the 1400's just because they are different, i do want the 14's someday so far i have purchased one at a good price, need 6 more. Randy