• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Title discrepancy? Or confusion?

DaneGer21

So, now after being bored this evening I’m starting to question some info about my truck.

Let’s start here…
I purchased/ was sold a 1969 Kaiser Jeep m35a2

Now according to the data plate it may appear to be a 1971.

The number stamped in my frame matches the data plate. Which I assume is the “VIN”.

Lastly, on the title the frame stamped number was NOT used as the VIN on the title, the 04C-87471 was. This is how it was transferred to me.

I have a lot being asked all at once haha. So again, is my truck a ‘71 and not a ‘69? And which number on the data plate should be used as the VIN, the matching frame number?

(yes it’s my first truck, yes I’m a newb when it comes to decoding MVs)

Current title says…
1969 Jeep Truck
VIN: 04C-87471

Thanks!

Attachments

Last edited:

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. Idaho will only go by the title presented and I didn't additional info to argue my case. Not that it would do any good.
They were adamant they had to go by the digit that newer vehicles us for year. Probably have to use an attorney and go to court.

DaneGer21

Thanks. Idaho will only go by the title presented and I didn't additional info to argue my case. Not that it would do any good.
They were adamant they had to go by the digit that newer vehicles us for year. Probably have to use an attorney and go to court.
So you’re saying they needed/were asking for 17 digits?

ldmack3

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yea all total was 17 digits but the # whatever digit it is that determines the year was the 05. So they listed it as a 2005. I had prior documents stating it was a 1971 but they would only go buy the data they had that did not apply to a 1971 vehicle.
To be fair I had just bought the truck and just now found the explanation of the number sequence. So, I couldn't even argue with the correct info. Not that it would have done any good.

dmetalmiki

what a fuss and complication!..We can update an incorrect date of manufacture, color, engine, fuel. DVLA. No cost.
Date of first registration on our forms stated.
DECLARED year of manufacture.
We supply. VIV/Chassis number.
data plate showing year of delivery.
That's it..no more fuss. Straight forward.
I really puzzles me when I read lots of posts like this where your DMV, use a 'data log'? that has brand new? cars buses trucks, (Push bikes!)..with "THIS" number, OH, and we 'start' at 2023!! that's it, no options, no other vehicles ever did or do exist.
rant over.
Perhaps reading my 'silly' reply might take some of the frustrations away just a little.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks