• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Title or SF97 Form for HMMWV

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Whether you can register it or not in California for on road at least you have an on road title and that could help you in the long run. I chose to get the title I have yet to go through the process here in Nevada but you can’t go wrong with the title especially for $100

Whether you can register it or not in California for on road at least you have an on road title and that could help you in the long run. I chose to get the title I have yet to go through the process here in Nevada but you can’t go wrong with the title especially for $100
Thats what I was thinking.. Title is better in my mind. Like if I sell a vehicle with out a title (bill of sale, like SF97) it be harder to sell. Title, easier to sell.

tgejesse

I was told the title can take an extra 90 days. I’m currently over 60 days for SF97 since my EUC cleared. They told me at least another month and a half until I get my sf97… which means If I want a title also (through GP) I’m looking at 6 months from EUC. Insane. I hate GP.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I was told the title can take an extra 90 days. I’m currently over 60 days for SF97 since my EUC cleared. They told me at least another month and a half until I get my sf97… which means If I want a title also (through GP) I’m looking at 6 months from EUC. Insane. I hate GP.
If you choose to get a title you do not get an SF 97 form that’s what I was told

tgejesse

If you choose to get a title you do not get an SF 97 form that’s what I was told
Yes that is the case. But the timeline is simply extended. They have to get the SF97 just as you would…. Then they apply for a title through their DMV connections.

tobyS

You don't need an SF97. Get your title off the bill of sale. I've done that with all that I bought and resold.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes that is the case. But the timeline is simply extended. They have to get the SF97 just as you would…. Then they apply for a title through their DMV connections.
I called two days after I picked up and asked when would I get my title and she said 90 days I also asked when will I get my SF 97 and she said I don’t need it because I’m getting the title

Well, because of the year missing on their end (it's a 1998 from VIN#), they won't issue a title first. I have to get the SF97 form first, then once that goes through, they will give a title. Still $150.00 for both.

Last edited:

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just checked my SF 97 status and it’s blank and blocked out I don’t know what it shows when you check yours but if I was getting one it would have to show a status for it

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are not giving me the choice to not get the SF97, I have to get it because the year isn't listed. BUT they did say I can get the title once I get the SF97 form 60-90 days later and add another $100.00
Maybe I was told wrong but when I called a few days after pickup the titling department said my paperwork was in the next package to be sent off for title. They said they don’t send one at a time and send multiple at a time.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Man, why do they have to make it so difficult. Maybe it's all about the money or maybe they are shorthanded?
I think Gov planet does a pretty good job as far as I know. They have always answered my phone call and questions. They sent my stuff off to euc within a day of my application and my stuff was sent out for title in a few days after picking up my truck. Maybe they are just telling everyone what they want to hear. Once it leaves their hands they are dealing with federal and state government and I believe that’s where the failure is. State and feds can’t do anything in a reasonable time. I wish you could see what you are bidding on but I understand that you can’t have hundreds of people roaming thru your yard just looking at cool stuff. Even if I had to wait another 60 or 90 days I would still choose getting a title because I’m sure it will save me at least one trip to the dmv. They will not call for a supervisor to look at this strange SF97 form. Once you get a title it should be nothing more than a vin inspection and getting plates!

Milcommoguy

Supporting Vendor
Man, why do they have to make it so difficult. Maybe it's all about the money or maybe they are shorthanded?
Difficult in California is saying it lightly. You have a lot of time to figure out a plan. Maybe VOTE before the 14th, Sept.

Search: CA DMV and HUMMWV Military surplus. GOOD LUCK

GOOGLE & Governor may not be your friend, CAMO

Elijah95

Certified Rookie
I’m in Georgia and when I purchased my 1123 April of 2020 my euc cleared in January 2021 after I proved they were lying and failed to submit my paperwork for approval. Even had DLA and TSC involved in a nasty investigation. Long story short, picked truck up in January, just 10 days after DLA and TSC submitted their evidence, title was received august 15th 2021. It’s also a Montana title lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tobyS

How many of you have went in with a BOS and a police inspection form filled out? The only truck I got an SF97 was my dump because it came from GSA and sales tax was due. There is no info on an SF97 that is not on a BOS (including tax paid).

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I’m in Georgia and when I purchased my 1123 April of 2020 my euc cleared in January 2021 after I proved they were lying and failed to submit my paperwork for approval. Even had DLA and TSC involved in a nasty investigation. Long story short, picked truck up in January, just 10 days after DLA and TSC submitted their evidence, title was received august 15th 2021. It’s also a Montana title lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dang Nice to hear that you won and pushed the Department Of Crooks and Thieves back into their hole!
Even though it seems that they were still dragging their feet. Eight months to get a title!? Really!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks