• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Titleing my deuce in newyork

chevyhurstolds84

I've tried searching for info on this subject but could not find what I was looking for. Does anybody know the DMV form for titleing the deuce in new York? Also what information do I need to do this with one visit to the dreaded DMV? I'd like to register it with commercial plates if that makes a difference.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What year is your truck? NY does not title vehicles before 1973, they give you a transferable registration. What weight do you need to register it for? Do you plan to use it commercially? What type of insurance policy do you have?

Call your local dmv, or visit it and ask which forms they will require. It may vary depending on what you have or don't have or what you tell them or don't tell them.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
commercial plates are much more expensive, and so is commercial insurance. I would consider that a last resort based on costs.

reg not really, ins, yes.

DeucesWild11

They will give you commercial plates if you don't have classic car insurance. I registered mine not too long ago. They gave me commercial and I wanted Historical. Since I don't have a garage I couldn't get the classic car insurance, hence no Historical plates. They will give you the commercial plates just based on the weight alone. I said I paid $500 for the truck and with sales tax the reg fees it came out to around $350 for two years.. That's mainly just the reg fees for commercial plates. Historical are much cheaper around $50 for the same period. I am trying to get into a garage so I can get the Historical plates and the Classic Car Insurance. I believe there is a form out there on the NYS DMV website for creating a title for the car when you have a transferrable reg but not sure which one it is..
Hope this helps you out..
Brian:driver:

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You do NOT need to garage your truck with Gulfway ins.

DeucesWild11

Doghead, thanks!! I found them and am currently doing the quote. This will save me a bundle!! Can't wait to trade in my plates for the cheaper Historical ones. I owe you one!:mrgreen:

chevyhurstolds84

It's a 1986 I need to get commercial anyways because I am 20 the companies I spoke to said I must be 25 for antique or historical insurance and registration. And no I do not have a title or any forms that is why I'm posting in the first Place lol.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
And no I do not have a title or any forms that is why I'm posting in the first Place
Were we supposed to guess that? All info is needed for an answer.

Next question, where did you get your truck?

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Well, I'd start there, and see if the proper procedures were followed when they disposed of it. If they did not, well they may take it back or you may want to turn it in to authorities, before they arrest you for possession of stolen Federal Government property.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Im not aware of any DEMILling that need to be done, but sounds like you need to find the chain of ownership to make sure is all good before you possibly "own" a stolen vehicle.