• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Titleing my deuce in newyork

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Google the cemetary, dial the number, ask the person that answers if they can help you, if not, who there can.

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
I don't know about title, or anything else, but if that is your truck in your avatar, I would get RID of that CRAP bumper and PAINTED grill, unless you are planing to run over SOMBIES tomorrow

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
All I know it was sold to someone from the cemetary so I have a feeling it was demilitarized especially of it was from a national cemetary
The question is wheter the cemetary had the right to sell the truck . Typically they get them from the government to use and have to turn them back in . Then they are sold through GSA. When a truck is sold through proper channels ,someone should have a SF-97 form which is the release of government property. The cemetary may not have properly disposed of the truck to their employee.

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think you need to email me ,I worked 31 years as a SR DMV Inspector for NYS , I would need to get all the info you have on the vehicle .There are a few different things you could do to get the vehicle registered . Did you check the right side frame rail for a number and date ? I agree with the other posts , generally the vehicles goes through GL for sale , I think somebody jumped the gun . FYI ,in NYS ,DMV uses the frame #'s and date for reg and title purposes , the actual ORIGINAL date of manufacture , not a rebuild date that GL uses . GL is burtal when it comes to paperwork , I think they make it up as they go along . , but that's the FEB's for you . good luck , bob k:-D

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
FYI ,in NYS ,DMV uses the frame #'s and date for reg and title purposes , the actual ORIGINAL date of manufacture , not a rebuild date that GL uses
If that was the rule and followed all the time, there would be no M35A3 trucks registered or titled in NY.

GL is not the Feds.

The frame numbers on most of the 70's trucks is on the left frame rail(only early original gassers have the frame number on the right rail.

Also, these trucks were never titled so the NY DMV has no record at all for the vin numbers, when we give them to them. They also have no information to correlate the vin# to a year of manufacture(and it's not on the frame of the 70's trucks).

Last edited:

rtk

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the rule , read the NYSVTL , worked there alot of years and EVERBODY thinks they know how it works , trust me that's the way it is , I can not speak for all the country offices , I was State . and GL IS an agent for the FEB's , dealt with them all the time . As far as A3's go , they are rebuilt vehicles not NEW , it goes by the original year . If what you say is true then every rebuilt 60's mustang or chey wouild be new . Bob k

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What is FEB?

What is NYSVTL?

chevyhurstolds84

I don't know about title, or anything else, but if that is your truck in your avatar, I would get RID of that CRAP bumper and PAINTED grill, unless you are planing to run over SOMBIES tomorrow
Thanks for your opinions on the bumper I built because I like it. I joined this site because I am enthused about my truck and for a good source of information. Not to get judged and insulted. THANKS!

plym49

I can't answer about the chain of ownership on your vehicle as you have not provided many details, for example if the prior owner had previously registered it in NYS.

If he/she did, then the registration will say 'Transferable' if no title is required (date prior to 1973) or 'Non-Transferable' if there is a title.

If the prior registration is 'Transferable', then the previous owner signs and dates the back and you write in your name. You need these two forms: http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/forms/dtf802.pdf (sales tax form, used instead of a Bill of Sale - the previous owner must sign it) and this one: http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/forms/mv82.pdf. You will also need proof of insurance. It will be commercial plates. On the MV-82 you must write in the maximum gross weight of the vehicle and I suggest 26,000 lbs so that you never run into trouble if you are carrying a load on the Interstate and you are politely asked to climb the scales.

If you have a title, then the previous owner signs and dates the back of the title, and you write in your name. Everything else, including the forms linked above, is the same.

Be prepared to bend over and inhale when you get the tab as you will be paying for a two-year registration, an MTA surcharge, maybe some other fees, and sales tax on the purchase price of your truck. The NYS DMV takes plastic.

And that my zombie-bumpered Deuce owner friend is how you get plates in NY.

Last edited: