• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Titling bobbed deuce in PA

biglerboyz

I have a deuce that I am just about done bobbing. Does anyone know if it was to be titled different than it was before the modifying? Some people told me it would need a reconstructed title? Any helpis appreciated. Thanks

Floridianson

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats a good question and I have not titled a bobber yet.
Would it and could we take them to our DOT scales and get them reweighted and have something like a builders title to show the reduced weight and GVW.
Seems like it would be easer just to run with the title we get but if insurance the way it's getting crazy would less weight be our friend later?

blackrock

I think for antique tags the vehicle must be stock, and remain stock. but how do you retitle it? or if you get pulled over would the officer even know? just question i have been having

spicergear

Technically, by the book, it would need a reconstructed title as there is frame modification. A Police Officer would not know if he he pulled you over unless for some crazed reason you supplied him registration, insurance card, and title with the axle count on it. So, has anyone?..doubt it. Legal?..yep, til you get caught. Could a lawyer use it if your bobber plowed over a station wagon?..if he's on his game, you bet! Sorry.

Coal Cracker

Anyone have any luck with this issue? I'm looking to title my bobber , but I'm wracking my brain on how. I want to be as legal as possible. I'm thinking of trying to title it as an XM381 which would be the technically correct model. I wonder how many hoops I'll have to jump through to do a reconstructed title?, but then I cant use an antique tag. Also does anyone know what their current weight is bobbed?

dilligaf13

For Floridianson, in Florida Deuces cannot be registered as an antiques vehicles due to a 3000 lb limit on antique registrations. There is a similar registration though under the caveat:

"The vehicle described above is a Firefighting apparatus, other historical motor vehicle or former military vehicle 30 years old or older, used only in exhibitions, parades or public displays. I am requesting the following type of license plate:"

He is a link to the paperwork. It's a one time $69.75 fee. You fill out the paperwork and mail a hardcopy to Tallahassee. In about 3 to 4 weeks you'll get a new antique tag.

http://www.flhsmv.gov/dmv/forms/BTR/83045.pdf

So what ever was figured out with this? I'm getting my truck in a few weeks and will be bobbing it. I'd have to go with a class 5 or 6 registration which is $240 to $280 a year. Can I get a antique plate on it and drive it a couple times a week and use or to haul?

steelandcanvas

So what ever was figured out with this? I'm getting my truck in a few weeks and will be bobbing it. I'd have to go with a class 5 or 6 registration which is $240 to $280 a year. Can I get a antique plate on it and drive it a couple times a week and use or to haul?
Best to contact you State DMV to get those questions answered, unless someone in Pennsylvania has done the same thing.