• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Titling HMMWV in Indiana.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The sf97 is NOT a title. It is a certificate to obtain title. You can just pay extra and have GP send you a real title. Then just take that in and trasfer it.
You do not get a title and an sf97. One or the other.
You are correct. I typed before I thought. I had SF97 and bill of sale to apply for title.

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What was the final outcome? I am getting ready to attempt the same.
Easy to get titled. Inspection, Florida reassignment letter, sf97s and proof of insurance for plates! I've done 3. The first bmv I went to wouldn't touch it. The next town over was night and day difference.

Cameron3277

In Indiana they don't have any models for m1123 or any of the other models. They used H1 for both mine.
Mine is a m1097r1......that was a thought too as was just trying a generic "utility truck"
Was there any concern with the serial number vice the 17 digit VIN? I have seen on some threads that it has been a pain with some locations

Mattguy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine is a m1097r1......that was a thought too as was just trying a generic "utility truck"
Was there any concern with the serial number vice the 17 digit VIN? I have seen on some threads that it has been a pain with some locations
No issue with the VIN being 6 digits! Just have to get someone that will work with you. Some DMV people don't like there job I think and take it out on you.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have had 3 HMMWVs and I have not had any problems getting them titled in Indiana. You need to have a good DMV that knows what they are doing.
I've said it before and I'm guessing that it still applies after reading this thread. You just have to find a good DMV. There are probably 5 closer to me but I drive 19 miles away because they are nicer and have never done me wrong. They have asked why and I said because I like all of you better.