• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Titling/SF97 after purchase from original buyer, FL

RallyRebel

Okay, search didn't yield much for me on this particular scenario although I'd bet a few here have either encountered it personally or no of someone who has: I'm interested in a CUCV that was purchased through GL but the buyer didn't get SF97 and/or title, also no EUC for what it's worth. My question is can I, as new owner, backtrack to GL and get SF97 and/or title paperwork? If not are there any other "simple" title options? Failing that has anyone ever titled a CUCV through towing yard process? I've done that for other vehicles but never anything ex-governement.

Thanks for any useful feedback! :beer:

Chief_919

You cannot get a title from GL unless you are the original purchaser.

The proper procedure is for the buyer to gte the SF-97, get it titled in his name, then sell it. Unless the original buyer is a dealer, then in most cases they can legally reassign the title.

There are a bunch of less than honest folks out there flipping trucks without ever doing this, to avoid the cost. What they do is sell you a whole heap of hassle.

Your steps now will vary by state. But in pretty much every state will be a hassle.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With all the states changing the way they title vehicles, unless it comes with a title it is a parts truck or scrap value.

There are ways of getting a title but they are time consumming and costly. Each state is different.

RallyRebel

I've had my share of no-title vehicles, abandoned vehicles, recovery vehicles etcetera... Right now working on titles for 15 vehicles abandoned in my storage yard, so they know me at the title office! ;-) But I'll always accept and profess my ignorance which is why I ask those more knowledgeable than I 'cause if you ask around enough you'll find a way.

area52

Here is my .02 cents ( not sense mind you! :razz: )

Here in NM you are able to get a title for a non titled truck by a few steps.

Get a bill of sale with the usual info - price, VIN, seller and buyers info, date, make model and what type engine (gas or diesel)
Go to an insurance company or place that sells title bonds ( here in NM I did it at my Allstate agents place), cost me $50.

Get the VIN verified by a LEO, again here the State Police do it for free.

take all paperwork to the DMV and calmly tell them you want a title. You have to probably try several different people or offices since alot of the DMV folks can't wrap their noodle around an ex-military vehicle in civilian hands.

might not work in FL but something to look into.

good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks