• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

titling your Deuce use caution

Chief_919

I would advise against disputing the charge with the CC yet.

How these title services work is you "sell" them the vehicle on paper (that is in the paperwork you submit), they get it registered in their name in a state that does not require a title, then they "sell" it back you you with the bill of sale and a registration- coming from a state that does not require a titles for older vehicles that will get you a title in states that do.

So if he has charged the card, he may have started the process. That means in the eyes of the law your truck may be registered in his name right now and, legally, be his. File a chargeback and he may retain title... a potentially ugly mess.

You have 60 or 90 days- wait and see if the paperwork comes back. in that time before filing a dispute.

FWIW, there is no reason the way these title services work wouldn't work between members of thsi board who live in states that have easier title rules and states that don't...... just sayin.

3dAngus

Good grief. You didn't give him a paper with rights to your truck did you?

I'm not disputing any of the above, but I do know if he is unresponsive, if he doesn't return calls for a prolonged period, and if he is not doing his job in accordance with the agreement you had with him, you can always sue and you will definitely get your truck paper back.

Now I don't believe in lawsuits. Lawyers ruin this country. But I do belive in protecting what is mine and I had to do something like this to get a title on a car I was driving for about 8 months, and could not get title to. I didn't ask for monetary damages or any extras outside of attorneys fees and title. I got it, and the person who sold me the car was prohitibed from doing business in this County from there on by Judges decree. That was not my call.

Gunnermac

Chief
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ga will issue a title for a motor vehicle 1986 and later. Vehicles manufactured earlier transfer with a bill of sale. You may also y need an inspection by a LE officer to verify the vin. If you have a tag office that knows what they are doing, there should be no problem.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
782, I wish you luck! Title issues suck big time. I also would like to know where you purchased the truck from.

jimm1009

Calling is always a good first step but the law says that they have to be notified in writing. I would get the name of the person that you called and send them a certified letter in the mail.
That little green card that comes back to you is proof that is accepted in court.
It is a cheap $5 insurance policy but that is my 1.5 cents worth.

Good luck and let un know how things come out.

jimm1009

jleasure

.....Now I don't believe in lawsuits. Lawyers ruin this country. But I do believe in protecting what is mine......
OP: Sorry to hijack your post, but I had to make a comment.

3dAngus, I take great offense to such a patently absurd and narrow minded comment. Your comment is not helpful and only amounts to a shameful blanket statement that casts many, many good people in an undeserved negative light. I hope you never need real help from a lawyer, but if you do, I bet you will change your mind and eat those words! I just hope you are a big enough person to do it as publicly as your recent disparagement.

I help good people every day and am very proud of what I do. If people weren't so clearly brainwashed, they could see that MOST lawyers don't "ruin" this country. They cherish liberty and help people.

Last edited:

flyxpl

It is very simple do not buy a truck without a title or a SF 97 in YOUR name . The most I have spent to get a title in my name is $60 for a SF 97 and another $95 for the title . Lawers are needed for a reason . Too many people are out to screw you or a neglegent causing others injury or death . I have been unfortunate enough to see it and no amount of money will bring back a loved one , just look at some of the threads with some of the setups guys are using to recover trucks and trailers .

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
In Georgia, you don't get titles on vehicles over either 20 or 25 years old. I forgot. Point is, these vehicles, or the M35A2 that is, can be sold and purchased with a bill of sale, and a tag and registration can be obtained. The M35A3 can get a title. Every state is subject to being different.

edit: Georgia is now "1962 and older" vehicles do not need a title.
1985 and older actually.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a saying about lawyers, "I hate all of them except mine."

I have my lawyer's phone number memorized just in case. I am friends with several of them. They are just like every profession, they have their good and bad.

I do like the idea of doing it in house with members for those members who need help. I have seen offers posted before.

I can drive past the BMV on my way home every night and there is a weigh station close to my house AND the place I got my travel trailer will inspect the VIN/SN of the truck to make sure everything is correct. So I'm pretty much covered and would be willing to help.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
actually Ga does not require a title on 1985 and older. They will issue a title on vehicles 62 to 85 if there is a previous title. It is the owners option. Older than 62 you can not get a GA title.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks