• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TM corrections

Larch

How about a section devoted to errors in the TM's. I know there are some errors that could cause problems if followed.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Your assuming that all the TM's that are uploaded there are the latest changes. Thats why I get my ETM's from LOGSA. Changes are important.

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Feel free to send me a newer version or notations to correct the TM listings. It's only as accurate as what I'm given.

gringeltaube

Staff Member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
How about a section devoted to errors in the TM's. I know there are some errors that could cause problems if followed.
Yes, there are errors, but would that be so much that we needed a special section?
What about bringing up/ discussing TM corrections here as different subjects come up, and possibly end up submitting a "SS- revised version" to whom it may concern... for the benefit of all of us users, later?

2cents
G.

greenjeepster

Too subjective... one persons issue on one truck may be the correct procedure on another one. These trucks were built by multiple manufacturers and over a period of 40 something years. Some things get changed over time.

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
PAtracy,

It's much easier to download them right from LOGSA. All the TM's on LOGSA have the updated changes to them, with the change # right next to the TM#.

TM's are usually updated every 6 years by LOGSA. Thats wht the ETM disks are publised quarterly in the Army. Any updates to the TM's are usually put in PS Magazine.

Last edited:

papercu

Active duty can request updates notifications to be automatically sent by email to them, maybe a SS active duty will help. Wayne

cpf240

Could we at least add the publication date and or release number in the description of the TM?

Might save some time ( and bandwidth ) when comparing what can be found from other sources without having to d/l each one to see its date and rev?

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Add the change #'s.. The date of the TM will be the same, no matter how many changes are made later on.

For 90% of the items we need TM's for, Uncle Sam has stopped updating the TM's because they are getting rid of the equipment. There will never be another change to the TM of the 800 or 900 Series or M44 series trucks TM's. They are obsolete as far as Uncle is concerned. Once obsolete, all support other than parts basically stops.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Did you get the GG TMs? You gonna post them?

indy4x4fab

Banned
Patracy I need ur email address I sent you the first part of the genral op tm but not the full service 448 page tm for that trailer.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks