• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TM For M1078A1 trouble shooting Ele?

coachgeo

Has anyone sourced TM's for the 1078A1? Any download links on this thread are dead.
As others mentioned in this thread..... except for operators manual...... there are no TM's on paper for these. You have to find and buy the rare laptop computer with pre-installed diagnostic software. My guess is on how it works is after hooking it up.... it runs diagnostics and when finished; if it finds some faults or determines required maintenance is due, it branches you over too the necessary instructions (aka TM information stored in the computer?) on how to fix, or how to do the scheduled maintenance. One might could consider it an Interactive AI TM.

BUT..... so far have only heard of one such animal existing in Civilian Hands.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
As others mentioned in this thread..... except for operators manual...... there are no TM's on paper for these. You have to find and buy the rare laptop computer with pre-installed diagnostic software. My guess is on how it works is after hooking it up.... it runs diagnostics and when finished; if it finds some faults or determines required maintenance is due, it branches you over too the necessary instructions (aka TM information stored in the computer?) on how to fix, or how to do the scheduled maintenance. One might could consider it an Interactive AI TM.

BUT..... so far have only heard of one such animal existing in Civilian Hands.
The thread was a year old and needed a bump as more A1 trucks in the public's hands now. A link to an operator's manual would be a start assuming it's not the A0 manuals. I know of said digital manual and hope it holds the key to my no- start issue.

coachgeo

Has anyone sourced TM's for the 1078A1? Any download links on this thread are dead.
Link posted on first page of this thread works for me. Hope it works for you as well .... https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...shooting-Ele&p=1665777&viewfull=1#post1665777 That post's link is for operator's TM the A1.

Going to assume you also have you checked the TM forum on this board. Might be there too. If not it is the first forum on front page of SS bulletin board. If it is not in the TM forum PM the moderator and ask it be placed there so others don't have to hunt like your having too.

Hope this helps. Best of luck on your no start issues

Last edited:

jpinreno

Link posted on first page of this thread works for me. Hope it works for you as well .... https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showt...shooting-Ele&p=1665777&viewfull=1#post1665777 That post's link is for operator's TM the A1.

Going to assume you also have you checked the TM forum on this board. Might be there too. If not it is the first forum on front page of SS bulletin board. If it is not in the TM forum PM the moderator and ask it be placed there so others don't have to hunt like your having too.

Hope this helps. Best of luck on your no start issues
Here is a link to the A1 Operators Manual after much sleuthing in full PDF>

tennmogger

Steel Soldiers Supporter
TM-9-2320-365-10 is clearly a M-1078 manual available in the FMTV manual section on this forum. Not -A1. Dated 2001.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks