• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TM help!!

texas30cal

Why can't the tm's have titles that actually tell us what is in them? Is it just me that has a extremely hard to finding what I'm after? I have yet to find anything in them that I was looking for. I like my trucks, enjoy working on them but even attempting to find anything in the tm's has so far been a waste of time. Please advise, this is the ONLY thing related to these trucks that has been frustrating. Thanks

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
1. when within any open TM PDF file is open just click Ctrl and "F"
and you will get a search box that will rapid search the entire TM

2. some helpful notes from SS site about the M35A2, you didn't say which trucks.

There are 2 common sets of TMs online for the deuce.

TM 9-2320-209xxxx and TM 9-2320-361xxxx.

The 209 series has about 11 books.
The 361 series condensed it to 5.

Unless you are proficient with TMs, I guide everyone to the 361 series for ease of use.

Remember that …………………..

-10 books are owners manuals,

-20 and -24 are unit maintenance (minor stuff)

• 34 and 35 stuff is depot (major work)
  • Books ending in P are parts manuals with parts illustrations.

This is from
10-28-2013, 19:13Recovry4x4
It's also in TM 9-2320-361-34P. FYI, there are 2 common sets of TMs online for the deuce. TM 9-2320-209xxxx and TM 9-2320-361xxxx. The 209 series has about 11 books and the 361 series condensed it to 5. Unless you are proficient with TMs, I guide everyone to the 361 series for ease of use. Remember that -10 books are owners manuals, -20 or -24 are unit maintenance (minor stuff) and the 34 and 35 stuff is depot (major work). As DH pointed out, books ending in P are parts manuals.
And from Porkysplace 09062013
The TM's that end in -P ( parts TM) also have illustrations of the parts .

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In addition, the TM Number can be further defined by what type of equipment it is (1 = aircraft, 9 = generally vehicles, but includes other items, 10= quartermaster items, etc.) then further broken down by the four digit number that follows. That four digit number is the Federal Supply Category where 2320 is wheeled vehicles, and 2330 is wheeled trailers. That tells you very quickly whether you are in the right area or not. IE, you can have a TM 9-2320-211 series and a TM 9-2330-211 series and they are talking about entirely different things.

jasonjc

A -20 is unit maintenance , but a -24 is unit thought depot. A -12 is operator thought unit and a -14 would be operator thought depot.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks