• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TM help

Tackettr

I can down-load every TM for the 809 series except TM 9-2320-260-20. I think this is the one I really need for changing fuel filters. Can anyone help me out. I have an 817 to recover this weekend and have been told it may need some filters. This is my first 5 ton so I'm trying to get read-up on it. Thanks.:-D

atankersdad

In Memorial
In Memorial
Very easy to do, even an old guy like myself did it. 1 bolt in the top of the bowl secures the entire unit. However, the trick is priming it (if you lose prime) and the TM is worthless. We tried everything when we ran out of fuel and had to flat tow it home. It would not self prime with a full tank. Once home, it took 5 minutes to prime by pulling a suction on the lift pump inlet line using a suction pump. pm me and I will send you pictures and detailed instructions. Try not to lose prime. This is the easiest filter you will ever change. Big and very accessable..

Tackettr

atankersdad: Thanks for the help and insite. It appears there is only 1 large filter on the 809s not counting a small one in the pump? I was expecting 3 like on the M35s.

mangus: Yes, that's where I downloaded the others from. The TM 9-2320-260-20 just won't download for some reason.