• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TM9 Ordnance paint durability

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Who has used the TM9 Ordnance enamel paint? And are you happy with it? I am looking for 23070 and they don't make that in the polyurethane, just the enamel. So, does the enamel fade like Gillespie if left outdoors? Has anyone tried a satin clear over enamel to keep from fading? Thoughts?

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I used TM9 paint on my truck and trailer (24087), and I'm very happy with it. I used the catalyzed urethane and it is extremely tough paint. I'm so happy with it I keep buying it to paint all my accessories. I think it is great stuff.

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can't get the Behr semi gloss in shade 3070? (Home Depot, Competitive Paints, FSS [Federal Supply Service], bottom block filled in with '23070', mix X number of quarts/gallons, take to cash register and pay).

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
You can't get the Behr semi gloss in shade 3070? (Home Depot, Competitive Paints, FSS [Federal Supply Service], bottom block filled in with '23070', mix X number of quarts/gallons, take to cash register and pay).
I really want a polyurethane paint, if not enamel w/hardener. Latex would be my last choice.