• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TMG a/c kit on M923a1

big block 88

Has anyone installed one of these kits on an a1 truck? Im at a loss for how it all goes together. There is no instructions in the kit. Does the A1 kit not use a belt driven compressor? This kit doesnt have one. As for the wiring i see the power wire and a couple grounds but one of the grounds is tied up like it doesnt get used. As for the ducting i cant really tell what goes where from what i can see the driver gets a vent hitting him in the groin and then the defrost gets a new duct and vent, as for the passenger he gets just the factory defrost vent but nothing else? So the condensor has tabs mounted nicely on it but uh where does it bolt to? I would assume the front of trucks radiator? The frame with the fans and the condensor and woring is very nicely done and clean. But i have NO idea where the wires go what controls the fans what the accumulator plugs in to?

Next question is in regards to the TMG alternator kit for an A1. I have used Wolverinetech before and it had brakets and indtructions, I would assume they forgot to put the brackets and instructions in my kit? All i got is a box with an alternator and some spacers. No instructions were with this kit either. I can fab the bracket so no biggie there i would just like to see some documents and instructions.

I have searched their web site and see nothing other than a quick generic explanation of what the kit does so i would once again assume their should be a pdf or hard copy of instructions?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, perhaps i am just not understanding things or TMG forgot to throw in directions which happens so no biggie.

I have messaged TMG on here and i understand its the weekend so i may not hear back for some time yet. I was hoping to get this all started today but i dont want to start just trial and erroring a kit that cost this much.

74M35A2

Seriously? Maybe for the price they charge, it includes installation and they guy will be there Monday @ 8a...

Hopefully just an overlooked step.

162tcat

Honestly it's probably just a "diy" type kit with most of the parts needed and will require your creativity on your part. Your best bet for future purchase is to buy through members on here. Usually a better price, product and support. The guys that fab custom products do a great job and always have great write ups. A lot of TMG products are just an off the shelf item from somewhere else that have been painted green and marked way up. TMG Cup holder is a "spray can holder" item 69320 from harbor freight that's been painted green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

big block 88

And i am fine with a diy kit, issue is from what i can see on their site it should be a ready to go kit. Fabbing is not an issue i just need to know what is what.

Im not trying to turn this into a TMG bash by any means. This is something ordered by a friend who wants this installed on his 923a1 which we have done a lot of work to for him. Personally i cant afford to put that kind of money into an ac unit on a truck that is for parade use and occasional driving.

So please fellas lets not bash TMG here if you dont like them thats fine i dont need to here why. what I need right now is an answer to my questions i posted earlier

big block 88

So im at the point from staring at this thing on my floor its got me thinking maybe it doesnt have a belt driven compressor and what i think is the accumulator is actually some kind of elec compressor?

Attachments

Last edited:

big block 88

Hey Blake, I'm no help on anything but the compressor. I've got two of them, NOS, located in KS. My two are out of the hmmwv kit, v-belt type.

I lost your number. I'll PM you mine. ..
Roger that sir. Thank you for the PM. I will text you this week verizon wireless has decided that rural kansas folks dont need cell service lol.

74M35A2

It is likely going to be a belt driven compressor. Give TMG the first shot at supporting their product. If for some reason that does not work well, we can help, but they are first in line.

This should be a heater box swap, mount compressor, mount condenser (no mention of that in description), wire it up, connect hoses, pull a vacuum on it, hold vac leak check, then charge.

big block 88

Thank you sir. The condescending is mounted on the same angle iron frame as the elec fans. The wiring and mounting is done very well. It is a vintage air unit so the quality is there IMO. just need some direction the wiring is what i will need the most help with. I have no idea what needs to be run where and to what to make things work together. And i sure dont want to trial and error it.

One thing that has me concerned is the boxes were labeled 1/3, 2/3, 3/3 so if that count is correct then there isnt another box. Though the hoses did appear to ship with usps while the hard ware shipped with fedex so perhaps there is another usps box coming with the compressor belts pulley and brackets.

big block 88

Spoke with a very pleasant gal at TMG. The issue was not a big one just a box didnt ship out at the same time bit its on its way now. That box has the compressor and brakcets. So i should be good to go. The alt kit uses the factory upper bracket and i will fab a new lower which is fine by me.

All and all very good customer service and i am pleased. I await the shipment so i can start slapping this ole girl together

big block 88

We here at tmg do apologize. We are closed saturday and sunday but first thing monday mornings our techs and customer service department follow up with any and all missed calls and emails received over the weekend. Our phone number is 909-703-1400 and our email is thosemilitaryguys@gmail.com

No worries i fully understand the weekends being down time and i had assumed as much. Either way the gal i spoke with was very pleasant and got everything explained and going.

One thing i am waiting on is the schemadic for the wires which should be getting emailed to me. Once again thank you for your help .

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks