• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TMs Notebook for quick access

stationjj

The TMs are much to large to print out. Since I am a new CUCV owner and still trying to learn my way around. I thought about printing out small sections of the TMs I could place in a notebook for quick access.

I have downloaded most of TMs. The notebook could be useful since I don't have the CUCV troubleshooting experience yet. I also may not have access to a computer to view the TMs if needed.

I am looking at the troubleshoot section of the -20 TM. I wanted to ask others what sections of the different TMs might be a good idea to include.

On the other hand I could buy a Printed TM, but cheaper for me to create what I may need.

Thanks for your input on this idea.

John

cpf240

I'd print out the Lubrication Order, and then would only print out the sections that apply to the part of the truck you are working on at the time. I predict that withing 8 months you'll have printed the entire collection of TMs! :-D

baddy3

I'm using an Android OS phone with the Adobe Reader Mobile. Just crammed all the TMs, pictures, articles and anything else cucv related in one folder on the phone SD card, so it's always with me when I need it.
When I got my 1009 two years ago, I would print one section of the TM at the time, depending on what part of the vehicle I was working..

porkysplace

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Or you could burn them to a disc and take it to staples or similar store and have them print them and put them in a binder. Probably cheaper than you can print them yourself.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The last time I checked about having a manual printed out it was so expensive that it just wasn't worth it. For the cost of a few manuals you could buy an iPad with 3G and carry them with you.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
CUCV FAQ and print out the "Glovebox Manual" a couple of members have compiled.

Post #61, #62 and #66

They don't go into great detail but they give you a great place to start.