• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

To all Members.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABN173

I think I see now how one becomes a "4 star general" on SS now, of course I guess I just joined the club by even posting on this thread.

papabear

GA Mafia Imperial 1SG
Of course you are right ABN173... just post a totally bogus thread and respond or not...it all count's toward the 20...or the coveted "post count".

Glad you see through it...

ABN173

4 star = spammer ;)

rofl
Hey Elkhunter even DM here got the joke (and he is a 4-star), I know I have a dry sense of humor, maybe SS guys are like those of us in the military "to many type A personalities". Nobody is attacking anyone. I think the thick skin rule is in play here. oh its spelled criticize btw

westfolk

I think I see now how one becomes a "4 star general" on SS now, of course I guess I just joined the club by even posting on this thread.
I like pie.
I like pie too......dang it I'm still only a Colonel.....sigh
Look! Let us all try to get along with each other. There is a solution for everything without hsving to critizize each other. This is a good website so let us all work together and make it better. OK?
Hey Elkhunter even DM here got the joke (and he is a 4-star), I know I have a dry sense of humor, maybe SS guys are like those of us in the military "to many type A personalities". Nobody is attacking anyone. I think the thick skin rule is in play here. oh its spelled criticize btw

DM you beat me to it.

I still like taking long walks on the beach with a decent FEMALE HUMAN redhead. Yes, I like pie too...............

Am I a 4 star yet????

Two Dogs

Hey, we invented the language and the original spelling still in use over here today is criticise although criticize is acceptable. Ever since you threw a few boxes of tea in the harbour...........roflroflrofl

Boog

3dubs...
I think the panda does kinda reflect my personality. 20yrs, 8mos, 10days and about 4hrs in the army...all Infantry...all agressive related stuff.
Now I've been out of the military for about 17 years..so I feel kinda like the Panda Bear looks.
Eat...drink and be happy and leave me alone...or I will flop my fat @ss on you and hurt you!!!
No harm...no foul intended.

I'm sooo gonna use that for a sig!!!!:lol:

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Railroad. Jeep.

That's me! :wink:

I can't believe an avitar would distract you that much. "Ok, let me read this thread to make sure I do it right. Lets see, the only thing left to do to complete my rebuild is I adjust... Whoo, wtf is going on in that tiny picture to the left, I can't make it out, let me squint and stare....

Dang, what was I reading? :|"

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I could have misread the original post, but I thought Westy just meant "appropriate" as in "non-controversial" or " non offensive". I didn't think he meant avatars should be MV or miltary related.

Wrench Wench

As I mentioned to Ian From Xtreme in the extreme 4x4 deuce thread, in my experience, this board's clientele is about 50/50 purist restoration types and wacky modification types. I'm about equal parts both, but regardless, the various types of MV aficionados and enthusiasts have to tolerate one another and learn to get along.

Some HMVs are so rare, it's sacrilege to carve one up to go muddin'. Some MVs are so common, it's foolhearty to insist on historicly accurate resoration. Some people have earnest avatars and serious dispositions. Some people have cartoon avatars and discuss the coming Zombie Apocalypse.

I think SS is big enough that if we don't actively try to step on each other's toes, there's room enough for everyone.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
:ditto:
Hear Hear! I'm 50/50 myself. Rare, or already in great shape, don't mess with it. Dime a dozen, bring on the torch!

besides, every m35 that gets bobbed makes your stock m35 worth more 40 yrs from now.

Blythewoodjoe

I for one have had my trucks in my avatar before and I changed to one that I thought would tell a little about me that you would not know otherwise. I can post BIG pictures of my trucks in the photo section or in a thread about the trucks or events I have attended. If the avatar is not offensive, I don't think it matters. It IS a reflection of each of us otherwise it would be not point in it. Mine shows me and a co-worker in a basket next to a gold plated statue. It hopefully tells one that I have been working construction most of my life and that at least one time I went up in a basket. If you can identify the statue it tells about where I was working at the time.

At any rate unless the owner here decides to dictate what we can use as an avatar I will chose one that I hope will relay something of my personallity and not nessasarily what I own to anyone that glances at it.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks