• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

To buy or not? What to offer for it.

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
just read the post by papercu. I have run across a 151, but I have no idea what is is worth or going for. It is much straighter than the one in the "M151A2 For Sale" thread...no offence papercu, has a hard top with a dent in the center, don't remember seeing an air filter/housing, tires look good, ran when parked..what else is new! Don't remember if it's an A1 or A2. stored under an open on 1 side warehouse bay and covered with years of dirt/dust, but when it's wiped off, it's clean. I think it was a radio truck. I just want a ballpark figure to offer him, I don't wanna offend the guy, but want a chance to get it. I think the wife might just LIKE this one :wink: TIA for the help.

papercu

Price

no offence papercu

Wasn't my jeep just selling for a friend so no offense possible. I think the cheapest I've seen went for 1500 (not running and lots of rust).
The shape the body is in, will tell the price.

I would start at a thousand at least depending on the body of course, that is the only thing hard to get. Wayne

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Price

I have seen no welds, but, after reading on these and finding they were cut for the demil process, I guess I should look closley. Where was the "favorite" place to chop these bodies?

sermis

At first they were not cut. After some idiots rolled them and got hurt and sued the Govt. for thier own stupidity they started cutting them. Originaly most were cut across in the center. Below or just in front of the seats from side to side. I have seen some cut into thirds and some quartered, across and front to rear.

poppop

Mine was cut just in front of the seats. When it was dicovered that they were being put back together they started quartering them. Some were still put back together so the next step was to keep a section on base as scrap. Next step was to keep the whole body and you got all the parts. Two years ago I found 12 of them at DRMO at Fort Stewart and inquired about them. I was told they were going to be run over by a bulldozer and sold as scrap.

papercu

m151

run over by a bulldozer and sold as scrap.
They went to a state agency up North somewhere (I want to say Michigan but I'm not sure).
I bought the last bunch that sold there(six or eight) and you could either strip the body and leave them the shell or you could strip then crush or shred the bodies on site. Wayne

WillWagner

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: m151

I remember seeing a post that showed a bunch of them in maybe 3' X 3' crunched up squares. The only way you could tell what they were was by the wheel! Ya know, this just makes me want it more. :wink:

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What's' the legality of re-importing the MUTT from other countries we sold them to? A lot of central American countries are selling them by the hundred for pennies on the dollar, just because they are getting old and are not the most modern thing on the block. If importation is legal, and shipping isn't too expensive, maybe a way to get good condition 151s back in USA.

SETOYOTA

Steel Soldiers Supporter
first thng would be to deterrmine if its an A1, A2 or the very early plain 151. Are the front fenders recessed where the marker lights are or is the fender flat with small marker lights mounted on top of the fender? That is the easiest way to tell at a glance. The main differnce is the rear suspension. The funny thing is more A1s were released intact than the A2s. The demil procedure came about due to the roll over tendencies of the A1s. The rear suspension was redesigned and made safer but the A2's continued to be demilled even though the danger had been greatly reduced.

Chuck

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just for a reference; there is a nice uncut A2 here in Corpus for 3500$. Guy has had it sitting at a body shop since he lost his deer lease. I think it would go for 2500$ cash.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks