• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

To change, or not to change? That is the question (fluids/filters)

Prepperlite

Hi all,
I just picked up a nice 5T with a 2009 RRAD. Odometer read 199 miles at pickup, and filters/last service was 2012. I'm on the fence on replacing fluids/filters. Should I? I've seen some discussion on replacing the 10w oil for synthetic...just wondering what is the compelling reason for replacing fluids/filters if there are only a few miles on? Yes, it has been sitting for a while.
Thanks!
I would agree with most on here, better to change it just in case. Huge headache if you don't and it potentially harms the truck all in the name of saving a few bucks.

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
At least one thing I learned through the years is that if you value your personal auto in the least bit, never (and I do mean never) allow Wal-Mart to change the oil...guaranteed screw-up 100% of the time. I've never had one good experience with them doing something simple, such as putting in the requested oil weight, or tightening the oil pan drain (yes, that happened). You know what they say, "If you want it done right, do it yourself" seems to be the motto of the day. OK, let me apologize for slamming Wal-Mart...I'm sure they do occasionally get the job done right...just pointing out that they are batting .000 with me. Seriously, they are fine...yep.
That is hilarious. For 9 years now I have Walmart do my oil changes in 4 vehicles and only once had a problem and that was that they no longer carried the filter so now I just take my own in and they still do the change. One time I had a problem was when I took one of them somewhere else, you know one of those professional oil change places. I'd let them do my MVs if I thought they would fit in the bay.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks