• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

To Remember: Operation Market Garden 1944

Vetpot

During Operation Market Garden, 17 September 1944, thousands of paratroopers descended from the sky by parachute, or gliders, as far as 150 km behind enemy lines. Their goal: to secure the bridges across the rivers in Holland so that the Allied army could advance rapidly northwards and turn right into the lowlands of Germany, hereby skirting around the Siegfried line, (the German defence line).

We would like to make our friends in the USA aware of a special commemorative event being held in The Netherlands during the week of September 9 to 14, 2014.

This event is appropriately named "OPERATION MARKET GARDEN" a large parade featuring restored military vehicles, there will also be other military displays and re-enactment events commemorating and honoring this important military operation in our history.

The following website has all the relevant information, click on the English flag for an English translation.

http://omg2014.allunited.nl/

Kind regards Rinus/Vetpot

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Last century when I was stationed in Germany (man that makes a person feel old), I did several tours of these area. Would love to go back again.

I would also suggest that anyone going there to visit a museum in Overloon. Until I went there, I hadn't realized the intensity of the fighting in that area.

B3.3T

OMG, what a great gathering. Thanks for posting. I spent many months in Veghel back in the 80's and heard many stories from the locals. Beautiful country.

sigo

Lieutenant Colonel
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What a turn out! I was always impressed at the quality and quantity of MVs I saw at European events. Thanks for sharing.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks