• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

To swap or repair...?

L999here

Faced with a difficult decision and turning to cooler heads for direction. My 1973 M35 Kaiser duce has a rear head gasket leak. 30 yrs. ago I'd have jumped right in to repair it and spend night and day to do so. Well....my duce sits in front of my ammo shop in South Bend...sort of a land mark. I cannot run the shop,answer phones,sell ammo and talk with customers about their reloading problems while working on the duce. And I'm not as spry as I used to be...over 65+. Anyway,bought another multi-fuel engine (thanks,Gimpy) and here's where I need help. Don't have the equipment to do an R&R...but don't have the time or resources to do the job at my business. Need direction as to who needs a multi-fuel engine and who would be willing to either repair the existing engine or do an R&R and then take either one as payment. Any takers...? Email or call...800 380-4867

Clay James

If only you were closer, I'd do it for ammo:grin:. Head gaskets are pretty easy to do on a deuce, the hard part is lifting the heads off since they weigh around 80lbs each and removing the nuts under the injectors require a special wrench. A couple guys could lift them off without too much trouble. Might as well get them resurfaced while you have them off. Would be easier than replacing the whole engine.

turbovr6jetta

If only you were closer, I'd do it for ammo:grin:. Head gaskets are pretty easy to do on a deuce, the hard part is lifting the heads off since they weigh around 80lbs each and removing the nuts under the injectors require a special wrench. A couple guys could lift them off without too much trouble. Might as well get them resurfaced while you have them off. Would be easier than replacing the whole engine.
Your not the only one the would do that kind of a trade. If only i was closer as well. Why are all my hobbies so expensive?

eagle4g63

Well, now this sounds like one of those...."I should be jumping(running) over there and doing it" kind of things.......

So let me get this straight........fix the motor that is in there and get the other motor for payment of labor!?!?!

You are really, REALLY close to me

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks