• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Today's GL Winnings -- One M927 Truck and One M931A2 Tractor

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
$1,947 delivered.

Do I win?
You win if your truck was a rebuilt M927 in similar condition. Is your truck rebuilt? If so, apples to apples, you did better. But, the point remains, that I believe that $4400 for a rebuilt M927 is a good deal. Sure, if yours is rebuilt, $2K is much better. Any pics of your truck?

DJones

Steel Soldiers Supporter
$4,400 is overpaying for a rebuilt M927? Wow. Times change. Or, possibly perspectives change. I am curious what you guys hoped you reasonably would get a rebuilt M927 for.
I wasn't saying it was to much for the truck, It was more money than I had to spend at this time. Wow!

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Assuming there is 24,000 lbs of scrap steel, the scrap value is appx. $3,120 at $260 per short ton.
I see you've done the calculations just in case! Ha ha. I am sure you got a nice one. If you have not heard, contact Jeff Laumer (262-227-2967) at Fort McCoy. He can help you check over your tractor, or even remove it from the base so you can come on your schedule, not GL's. He has helped me out in the past and I was very happy.

ichudov

I see you've done the calculations just in case! Ha ha. I am sure you got a nice one. If you have not heard, contact Jeff Laumer (262-227-2967) at Fort McCoy. He can help you check over your tractor, or even remove it from the base so you can come on your schedule, not GL's. He has helped me out in the past and I was very happy.
Bruce, I thought that I could come on any weekday within 10 days of my paid invoice? Am I mistaken?

Do I just show up, or do I need to schedule P/U?

Again, the semi tractor is in Sparta, and the M927 truck is in Indianapolis.

thanks

P.S. due to DOT's "Roadcheck 2013", we will be staying out of the public roads Tue-Thu