• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Todays junk yard find willys jeep

kawkev

Looks like a CJ 3a to me. Mostly the same as a 2a, but the 2a had a split windshield. The 3a was made between 1950 and partly into 1953. It looks more intact and original than most you see.
I agree with dependable. It looks like a 3a to me too. I've got a 52 CJ-3a and I bought the complete body kit for it. Still need parts tho. Hurricane Katrina put a stop to the resto and now I've got my duece to play with too. How much you gonna ask for it if you get it?

ryan77

I agree with dependable. It looks like a 3a to me too. I've got a 52 CJ-3a and I bought the complete body kit for it. Still need parts tho. Hurricane Katrina put a stop to the resto and now I've got my duece to play with too. How much you gonna ask for it if you get it?
Well if Kevin buys it for $300 he will ask $3,000!!! Lol Big train horns for the 5 ton cost money!!! Lmao And he likes to blow big horns....

zak

Look for the vin plate on the frame. It on the front left side of the frame a few inches behind the front bumper. It will be inside or outside depending on the year. I'm guessing its a 46 or 47 2a. One of the jeep forums will have vin by years. Mine was just as bad when I started it.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
It's definitely a CJ-2A or CJ-3A. The Windshield is definitely from a -3A.

For $500, buy the whole thing. That body isn't too bad, I've seen worse get repaired. The body by itself is probably $200 or so. Then you have all the little parts, an engine/tranny/xfer core, two axles, and a lot more. If I had $500 and that was local to me, I'd snatch that in a heartbeat. You will save a lot of history, and I can point you to early CJ owners where you can save all the parts and pocket some profit as well.

Danger Ranger

Why are we still IDing this Jeep, haven't we already established that? It doesn't matter anyway, he has already got it and parted it out. Plus he bought another Jeep, a flatfender, and is going through it now for a project.

ryan77

I believe it was parted and the rest met the afterlife via the blue flame!! The new jeep is nice i saw it today!!

ranchhopper

Bought another jeep CJ3A is what its supposed to be but it has a lot of surrey features I have been disassembling it to get it to the media blaster sold the wheels and tires and rollbar off it today going to use the cash to pay for the set of stock wheels with the tires on them and the rest will pay the bill to have it media blasted. The tool box and drivers side fuel tank were added at one time to a surrey tub the shot of the lower steering column shows a surrey color as well as the wide footman loops on the fenders and Im told the painted over chrome grab handles a surrey feature also. There has been at least one specimen of a four wheel drive surrey most were two wheel drive any way you look at it surrey jeeps are very rare about 1000 two wheel drives were made and if it is really a four wheel drive version who knows.

Attachments

Danger Ranger

Ok, what is "surrey"? I have no idea what any of what you just said means without knowing that....sorry for the ignorance.

EDIT: I figured it out, surrey=fancy 2wd factory package Jeep from 1959...mostly for tourists at resorts, etc.

Last edited:

ranchhopper

These are shot before I started to take it apart a virtually rust free tub and front clip the soft top is a tiger top made by bestop and is for sale too the jeep runs and drives great ran it right up on the trailer no sweat over all I think its a pretty good deal for $2800 dollars.

Attachments

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you need a Jeep body, my Dad has them made out of stainless and galvanized both in the Phillipines and ships them here by the container load to sell. He owns the factory there and the bodies are nice. PM me if you want his contact info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks