• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Toggle switch air tank drains possible?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
I wish my son was as interested in my deuce as yours . He is only interested in his video games ! I envy you !
Sadly I know this all too well. An entire fleet of MV's here and they only care to ride once in a blue moon. There's other toys around here that can make a grown man giggle like a child. Offer up time with them, they don't care. They'd rather play the xbox as though they were driving an off road vehicle or shooting. That's better than the real thing. :-?

rustystud

Sadly I know this all too well. An entire fleet of MV's here and they only care to ride once in a blue moon. There's other toys around here that can make a grown man giggle like a child. Offer up time with them, they don't care. They'd rather play the xbox as though they were driving an off road vehicle or shooting. That's better than the real thing. :-?
YES ! Exactly ! I cannot believe he would rather pretend to drive or ride in a Military Vehicle in his game , then actually ride or drive a REAL Military Vehicle ! It boggles the mind !

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
i got a coalescing air dryer from a UD box truck. have not drained tanks in 8 years, because there is NEVER anything there to drain. they are awesome.

Last edited:

welldigger

I have a haldex pure air plus brand new in the box about to go on mine. Beats draining tanks and rusty air packs any way you look at it.

welldigger

With the air dryers what about the ones you can buy at a local hardware store for a 'shop' air compressor?
That's a negative on using one of those. The haldex and other units designed for trucks purge the water from themselves every time the compressor cycles.

That and the ones from the hardware stores suck. They would never handle the volume of moisture. The truck air dryers remove the water before it enters the tanks. Not after.

rustystud

I am going with a Bendix AD9 myself. You can buy the Haldex for cheaper but the desiccant filter is over $100.00 (needs to be replaced once a year) and the parts kit is $60.00 to $80.00 . The Bendix filter lasts for 3 years and only costs $30.00 . The parts kits go for $40.00 . So in the long run the Bendix is the better value.

brianp454

My truck has simple pull cables with a ring that hangs on a loop on the frame rail. When I shut it off for the day I reach in and pull for about 45 seconds and it clears both tanks.

It's on my to-do list to get an air drier on the intake of the compressor.

I've got the pull cables on one of my deuces. I love it. Although I find myself not crawling under it now to look at things.

rustystud

i got a coalescing air dryer from a UD box truck. have not drained tanks in 8 years, because there is NEVER anything there to drain. they are awesome.
Our busses run this air-dryer, and you are suppose to service it every year and replace the desiccant every 5 years. They will build up a really nasty goo in the holding area that must be cleaned out.