• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

TomB's "New" M109.....

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
Re: RE: TomB

Recovry4x4 said:
Nice, one stop shopping.
I had to include the trailer, everytime I turn around there's another one in my yard.....

Just talked to him on the phone, he's about halfway home, truck is running good

TomB

RE: Re: RE: TomB

I love the truck! Thanks FMJ!
I think this truck was only driven by a little old lady on sundays to go to church.
Its going ease the pain of selling my tan M35. see avatar.

KaiserM109

I have a '66 M109A3 that has been to Iraq and back and love it. Most of the problems my truck has is that it is 42 years old. It has had good to excelent maintenance by the Arkansas National Guard. Judging by this piece of equipment, those boys run a strack unit.

I bent some ears at GL and expect to see the SF97s on it and a couple of trailers this coming week. It's going to be nice to be able to drive it legal like. I declined to drive it in the Memorial Day parade because of no tags, but it will be there on the next one.

Tom, we'll have to have an M109 convention somewhere between Albuquerque and here. We could combine the trip with a visit to the Cumbres & Toltec railroad at Chama, NM. There's another guy nearby that might join us. I'm planning to go to Norman, OK sometime in the next few weeks with him to get his "new" M109. We both had the same thing in mind for our trucks, a big backwoods camper.

Arlyn

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial

I've got 1 left, I think I may keep it now, I mean everyone should have a M35, and a M109 right?

I mean geez honey, all the other guys have at least 2 trucks........no the m1008 and the 1009 don't count......

:p

Capt.Marion

Not that i have a deuce or axles or anything, but perhaps folks should pool together some axles to trade for this truck, and let it be the official "charity case" or "rescue" truck of the "SE SS boys"... you know, a kinda SPCMV type deal...

TomB

I think the tank will fit... but just barely.Below are some pics of the setup.
It's a 1050 gal tank. If it doesn't fit I guess I will have to buy another M35.

I got my tan deuce from a guy in Denver. He said it came from Holloman AFB in NM.

I too have been thinking about using the M109 as a backwoods camper. My kids already asked if they could sleep in it. I said OK.

Attachments

Bozor1000

Re: RE: Re: RE: TomB

TomB said:
I love the truck! Thanks FMJ!
I think this truck was only driven by a little old lady on sundays to go to church.
Its going ease the pain of selling my tan M35. see avatar.
You mean the Chaplian drove that every sunday to base services.