• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Too many amps in my 5ton!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brutacus

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I might be having a problem of too many amps from my batteries burning out components on my truck. I'm currently running two 8D batteries which have a combined 2800 cold cranking amps, and a regular 3500 rated amps. All these amps might be causing the component failures on my truck. I got to ask from the guys that run two batteries only, what's the minimum cold cranking amps you guys run on your 5 tons? I'm thinking of switch over to just two 4D batteries that have 1800 cold cranking amps combined. Would that be enough, or not enough? I'.m starting a new thread for the amp question so I don't hijack my own thread.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Most likely this problem is related to your other thread/problem. You would be better off discussing your problems on your existing thread.

You can't have too many amps.

You have a problem, and it's not your batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.