• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Took a Deuce on the beach today.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After a good breakfast and a snowmobile show this Am, Some friends and I felt the need to take a deuce on the beach.

Just took a couple pics as we had to get out of there in a hurry.

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Holy crap! You could sell that last pic to the National Enquirer for some serious cash man!!!!!!!!!!!!

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I know, Jan 4th and it was 50 degrees out. Obviously global warming is happening here!

On the other side of the dunes, there was solid ice.

doghead

Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey, I was there once! Back in 89.

Capt Pat

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I spent the day working on 'beaching equipment' (LCM-8's) and the ice really made me feel like something was missing. I know it wasn't a big furry biped though.......DSCF0804.jpg

swbradley1

Modertator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Capt Pat, We were just up there this week. Went the museum at the Port Clinton Airport and got the behind the scenes tour of their PT boat and Ford Tri-Motor.

plode

Hmm, beach eh? Our beach looks decidedly different!View attachment 535589
I've spent some time in your town :lol: Lived for a bit in Delray Beach, used to ride my DRZ-400 down through Deerfield when I'd go out cruising. Had some good times in quite a few local adult drinking establishments there too :lol: Bru's Room, Friday happy hour at the Cove(my favorite!) and JB's.
This was like 2008-2009-2010.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've spent some time in your town :lol: Lived for a bit in Delray Beach, used to ride my DRZ-400 down through Deerfield when I'd go out cruising. Had some good times in quite a few local adult drinking establishments there too :lol: Bru's Room, Friday happy hour at the Cove(my favorite!) and JB's.
This was like 2008-2009-2010.
Been to every one of those establishments many times. Pal's (Charlies Crabs) right next to the Cove is gone I hear. Not been back to the beach in years. As a matter of fact, it's been like 3 years! Not much for beaches.

Carlo

Thanks for sharing the photos Eric. I dream of driving in the sand with one of my trucks here in Italy but IF I found a beach it would be a matter of minutes before someone calls the police!
Thanks again.

99nouns

Thanks for sharing the photos Eric. I dream of driving in the sand with one of my trucks here in Italy but IF I found a beach it would be a matter of minutes before someone calls the police!
Thanks again.
Turks are coming...... Again.....

plode

Every vehicle I've ever driven on the beach has always got its undercarriage rinsed off after. Every vehicle I've ever taken on the beach has needed new universal joints shortly after it's beach excursion.
I am hesitant to take my M923 on the beach because of this...I don't want to get into replacing all of the u-joints on it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks