• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Took my truck to the Truck and Tractor pull

Oros35

Took my truck to the truck and tractor pull Saturday night. They put me in the 8500# open diesel class as exibition. So I was up against 800+HP 4x4 diesel trucks but I had the weight advantage.

My truck is bone stock right off the GL lot. Just got antique plates on it a couple weeks ago. Hooked to the pintle with a couple of shackles so the hook would fit. My first attempt, nerves got me and I tried to start out in 3rd Low rather than 2nd Low. Stalled it out right away. So thinking I was in 2L I put it in 1st Low.
That was a much better start.
Got the front tires off the ground off the line! Down the track we went. Really didn't feel like I had much weight back there till about 175' mark then it bit in and the front end started getting light.
Around 200' the front tires were off the ground, by 250' the front was about 6" off the ground and I was out of power.
Most of the class was around the 300' mark, but for my measly 134HP I was quite pleased. All the other trucks were hitting around 15mph... I hit 4.5!

Here is a video, hope it works, don't use youtube much.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdwwJ3j3nk4&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Attachments

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Change the settings from your youtube video...you have it set for "private" and not "public". we can't watch the video unless logged into youtube

Danger Ranger

I didn't pay any attention to where you are located until I saw the sled. Humiliator #6. That is the same sled we use at our local festival and pulls in Mantua, Oh, only a couple hours from you. THanks for sharing.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Video works now....nice pull.

The thing a lot of people don't think about in a pull like that is, the competition has a ton more HP and has momentum on their side....you're using sheer torque and power to pull the load.

joshs1ofakindxj

That was a sweet video. I think I'll spare my truck the torture though!

We have to go wheeling soon before the weather gets ugly. We can grab Pat with his 5 ton and hit the trails out by Ligonier! Convoy over the mountain!

Was your truck parked off of 51 not too long ago at a lumber/logging place?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks