• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Took the Deuce Hunting

800summit

The Hunt went great, the weather was warm 45-50 degrees, The river was low compaired to a couple of months ago when I took the Deuce on vacation pictures.
There are probably 10 people using deuces to cross the rivers and the mud holes in the same area. It is good to know them and to communicate with them, just in case someone needs help, or sare parts to get out of there.

The flatbed deuce was not mine, the owner took the stock wheels and welded steel spacers between the stock wheel and the blank wheel. he drives this on the hiway for aprox 35 miles at low speed to where he has to drive 25 miles offroad to hunt.
The person that fabbed up the wheels has done this on several rigs, including the gray Dodge.

zb39

Very very nice, I miss that place. i really need to go back. Looks like a great hunt and a good time. You are lucky to ive there:-D

Rattlewagon

WOW! I wished I was there! That is a beautiful place. when does the snow start setting? how much will you get? I bet that AG tired deuce would be really fun in about 4' of snow!

thank you for posting!

feel free to post some more!

marchplumber

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for sharing!! AWESOME pics!! Congrats on the hunt too!! Truly a place that has my awe and respect! Thanks again!!
God bless,

Tony:-D

Westex

Those really are some great pics! Couple of questions; is that a Caribou hanging off the winch; and if I spy correctly, are those lockout hubs on the bobbed Deuce?

grizcty

The Hunt went great, the weather was warm 45-50 degrees, The river was low compaired to a couple of months ago when I took the Deuce on vacation pictures.
There are probably 10 people using deuces to cross the rivers and the mud holes in the same area. It is good to know them and to communicate with them, just in case someone needs help, or sare parts to get out of there.

The flatbed deuce was not mine, the owner took the stock wheels and welded steel spacers between the stock wheel and the blank wheel. he drives this on the hiway for aprox 35 miles at low speed to where he has to drive 25 miles offroad to hunt.
The person that fabbed up the wheels has done this on several rigs, including the gray Dodge.
Hey Scott,

I was hauling a load down on the Glenn Hwy, and passed a good looking group of 2 1/2's. Probable heading to Tok, and the Tanana river area.
Not sure if that was your convoy or not.:)

Gunfreak25

That is amazing scenery, thank you for taking such excellent pictures! :-D May I ask what you used to take down that Caribou? How long was the shot? I live in Arizona where most people think the desert it dry and ugly. But even the vast Arizona desert can be a thing of beauty in it's own way. I love it here...

Last edited:

ida34

You know, I go deuce hunting all the time. Unfortunately the wife sets the bag limit and I can't seem to get a permit in the lottery. I have been though the deuce hunters safety course courtesy of the 101st Airborne.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks