• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Took the Deuce Mudding (And got stuck)

hof3414

Well let me be the first to say, if you bring the biggest truck and you decide to go off roading make sure you have friends that have bigger trucks. I didn't take my own advice though and luckily one of the guys I was with had a buddy who has tri axles dumps. Anyway after trying my luck at the swamp I got her pretty stuck. Nothing to winch to, no one could pull me out even with a F-250 diesel hooked up to a skid steer. Attached is a few pictures and the video of me getting pulled out. 27,000 # tri axle even had to give quite a jerk to get her unstuck.

O yea getting stuck kinda sucked, but power washing her the next day really sucked.

Not sure how to put youtube video on here but this is the link-

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esOtVZGHo1o[/media]

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Glad you got it out sans damage. Can I suggest a 6" (60,000#) recovery strap as an accessory for your deuce. Straps designed for snatch recovery make short work of cases like this. That's a nice looking deuce friend.

hof3414

A bunch of us go to Waynesburg Pa once a year to beat up on some cheap trucks and cars. This year I decided to take the Deuce also. I haven't edited the video for this year, but these are some videos from previous years.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSwPqXHy17Q[/media]

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q01q1XbW3xU[/media]

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Grief it hurts to see a NICE looking Deuce in that position looks like you stuck her pretty darned good. This leads me to one question WHY WHY WHY do we always end up doing the really dirty work (getting unstuck) after dark I swear my whole life I seem to end up in thsi situation, and driving a model A johns deer trackor at night holding a flashlight is just not that fun! I am very glad you got it extracted and the truck loosk not the worse for wear!
KK

Rattlewagon

A bunch of us go to Waynesburg Pa once a year to beat up on some cheap trucks and cars. This year I decided to take the Deuce also. I haven't edited the video for this year, but these are some videos from previous years.

where do you call home the rest of the year???

T

televisionman007

kinda reminds me when i was stuck in my own pond,,,, darn i couldnt find the pics.. Ill ask rayzer for them and then post em

TFRENCH-87M35

" if you bring the biggest truck and you decide to go off roading make sure you have friends that have bigger trucks"..............HOW TRUE HOW TRUE MY FRIEND:p ATLEAST U GOT IT OUT ALIVE:-D

rizzo

Glad you got it out sans damage. Can I suggest a 6" (60,000#) recovery strap as an accessory for your deuce. Straps designed for snatch recovery make short work of cases like this. That's a nice looking deuce friend.
I agree. Four by Ken(here on steel soldiers) sells straps and rope. The rope is very nice. I like it better than the straps.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks