• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tool kit found in my "new M37"- Info needed

Jesse19rap

Hi guys,

As you may or may not know I have just recently got into the MV world. I've rebuilt totaled modern vehicles but have never worked on a military truck. I'm coming to find out that these are quite different animals. At any rate as I tear into my truck it continues to surprise me. I found an engine electrical kit jammed behind the seats of my truck. I've attached pictures. I have a rough idea of how to hook it up to the generator etc based upon the diagrams but figured I'd show everyone. What can i do with this kit? What does it accomplish? It seems to be the same era as the truck and it's in great shape. Any and all info is greatly appreciated.

Attachments

Bill W

About the only thing I've used in that kit is the spark plug adaptor for hooking up a timing light ( bottom middle in pic ) on the sealed ignition wires

Storm 51

Just a Grunt
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are nice electrical troubleshooting kits for 24 VDC systems. You should be able to find the manual on the web; if not PM me and I'll try to scan my manual.

Good luck with your truck. I've had mine for 32 years, have kept it stock military, and it is the "Platonic Ideal" of "pick-up truckness". The only thing it won't do is go fast, which is fine with me.

Enjoy! [thumbzup]

Storm 51

vtdeucedriver

About the only thing I've used in that kit is the spark plug adaptor for hooking up a timing light ( bottom middle in pic ) on the sealed ignition wires
Hahaha bill. With the Amount of NOS parts you had on your M-37, what's the need for troubleshooting.:)

I've used the adapter from the generator and regulator to verify voltage output on take off parts.

This is. Good thing to own if your keeping your M-37 24 volt.

JGBallew

Hi guys,

As you may or may not know I have just recently got into the MV world. I've rebuilt totaled modern vehicles but have never worked on a military truck. I'm coming to find out that these are quite different animals. At any rate as I tear into my truck it continues to surprise me. I found an engine electrical kit jammed behind the seats of my truck. I've attached pictures. I have a rough idea of how to hook it up to the generator etc based upon the diagrams but figured I'd show everyone. What can i do with this kit? What does it accomplish? It seems to be the same era as the truck and it's in great shape. Any and all info is greatly appreciated.

Excellent find, I'd love to have one of those kits in the shop.

As it is, this is the only tool I've ever found in a M-37.

Attachments

GUNNY 155

The little pin device with the knurled nut is handy too. It screws into the distributor cap after you remove the plug on top so you can hook up a Dwell / Tachometer

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks