• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Tool sources?

airmitch

Hey guys,

Two questions-

Where is the best place to buy a lug wrench for a Deuce?

Does anyone have one of the four legged little hoists for trans/ trransfer case r&r for sale?

Thanks

lacoda56

Hi Airmitch;

First off, a 3/4 or 1" impact sure makes easy work of r&r on the wheels. That being said, the next best is a good 3/4 breaker bar, long extension, wheel socket and some type of jackstand or support for the outer end of the extension. I generally use Craftsman tools, but that's just me. Once you have them broken loose, You can spin them off with a heavy cross wrench. Most farmstores sell these. Make sure it's the one with an 1-1/2 hex and 13/16 square on it. I've also used these to break em loose by supporting the outer end as mentioned above and useing a pipe on the cross, but I don't think it's too good for the wrench.
I've seen the type of hoist you mentioned for sale on ebay, but maybe someone on the forum has or knows of one for sale.
Finally, where in southern Wis. are you located? I'm on the east side of Cottage Grove.

airmitch

Hey Lacoda56,

I'm about 1 mile west of Silver Lake, or about 10 miles east of Lake Geneva. How far is that from you?

Thanks for the tool tips guys.

wallew

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Can anyone give me a source for an air driven jack? Of course it will have to handle the weight, but I've always thought having a jack you could slip under the axle with the flat, hook it up to the air connection (is this what you folks have been calling a 'GLADHAND'?) and then step on some type of switch and up it goes.

Some one HAS to make one. I just haven't found one yet. I'm a big fan of letting the 'right tool' do the work for you, instead of the sweating to the oldies type of tool. Thx.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
A gladhand is a connector to hook up to the airline.

lacoda56

Hey wallew,

We have several air type bottle jacks and a couple air operated floor jacks at work. The floor jacks are a lot more stable and lift higher,but cost considerably more. The ones we have are made by Gray. I'll have to check tomorrow to find out who our supplier is, but I would think any industrial hardware supplier should have them.
Hope this helps.
Ron

ktm380

What psi can you get out of the on board air? That jack calls for "Available air pressure 115 to 175 PSI." Sure would be nice not to have pump the old bottle jack.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks