• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Top 10 Deuce Modifications

sierra117

current finished mods:
24 to 12 power converter
2 inch reciever hitch, 12 volt trailer plug
cb radio
am/fm radio with sirius sattelite radio
to be done:
finish 15 foot ramps for my monster 6X6 argo atv
build a bigger trailer for the duece to pull camper, mud truck, and a couple of atvs on
and anyhting else I can come up with

SMOKEWAGON66

hmmm lets see here....

Done:

Removed 109 Van Body.
Installed Cargo bed.
Put on newer mirror brackets that arent 8 feet out from the door.
Installed VERY loud airhorns with a big red "OH SH*T" button on dash.
Added marker lights to the side of the front turnsignal housings.
Installed CB radio w/external speaker (about 6 inches from where my head is lol.)
Replaced Transmission input shaft bearing.

Need to do:

Add armor plating to the sides of bed, cab and on windshield.
Add pole mounts for gun cradles.
Aquire gun cradles.
Aquire guns for said gun cradles. ( 4X .50 cal BMG's)
Finish black paint job, adding bumper numbers and "nose art" to the sides.

Now I know Im forgetting some stuff, but it'll take me a while to save my pennies for all this stuff so...by the time I get there Ill have it all figured out lol.

Heath_h49008

I know... old thread. But I figured search and read before duplicating.

#1. Install the heater kit I'm getting with, but not IN the truck.
#2. Blast and paint. She has 0 rust... but the paint is peeling off in chunks. I'll be lucky if she doesn't start rusting this winter.
#3. pyro/boost guages.
#4... here's where I'm torn...

Power steering... Gringletaube's HF54 box method
or
Brakes... split master cyl, possibly hyrdo-boost
or
395's on singles
or
Power adder such as LDS components, water methanol/propane injection, or just turning the smoke screw

#8. overdrive gear upgrade kit
#9. Build a folding manual crane for the bed, folding ramps 12-24 feet in length, tie-downs, supplemental air tank to run tools.
#10. PTO and Generator with 120A (at least) sealed panel capable of powering the welder, or the house in case of an outage.

All suggestions welcome.

Heath_h49008

Heath_h49008

Your list is huge. Did you recover the truck yet..? I had not heard. If you need anything let me know..K

Don

Nope... I won't know until the end of the month if I will be able to pick her up the first week of November, or if I have to wait until the first week of February.

I'm trying to get creative with bills and work to get her home as soon as I can, but she may be waiting for my winter tuition re-reimbursement check. (I budgeted too little for the fall to fit the whole purchase in.)

If I get my beta-test prototypes out, and if I have zero problems, and if the pre-orders are heavy, or if the patent rights sell without me having to do the production run... it could be faster than Feb. (I'm not holding my breath on that many "ifs")

She's picked out, tested, held, and "mine"... just not paid off. (Pitiful huh?)

This is "Her"...

Attachments

Last edited:

Jeepjake

top 10

Thanks Heath, now Im not the only one necro-posting :)

1. ISSPRO Turbocator boost/pyrometer (done)
2. back out fuel screw (done)
3. 10K PTO winch with dual output pto for hydraulic equip (acquired, and being rebuilt)
4. 15.5/80R20 Super Singles (5 of 6 acquired, still need to build wheels)
5. 8000lb Knuckleboom crane (acquired Hiab 173 and being rebuilt this winter)
6. Dump box (got hydraulic cylinders, still need to install along with crane and paint)
7. 12V accessory electrical
8. Dual Tanks, one dedicated to Waste Oil with tertiary filtration.
9. Ford ranger 60/40 bench recovered in canvas with air ride.
10. spin on filters (eventually)

Build thread:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members-rides/70838-my-first-66-m35a2-work-progress-build-thread.html

Heath_h49008

Thanks Heath, now Im not the only one necro-posting :)

1. ISSPRO Turbocator boost/pyrometer (done)
2. back out fuel screw (done)
3. 10K PTO winch with dual output pto for hydraulic equip (acquired, and being rebuilt)
4. 15.5/80R20 Super Singles (5 of 6 acquired, still need to build wheels)
5. 8000lb Knuckleboom crane (acquired Hiab 173 and being rebuilt this winter)
6. Dump box (got hydraulic cylinders, still need to install along with crane and paint)
7. 12V accessory electrical
8. Dual Tanks, one dedicated to Waste Oil with tertiary filtration.
9. Ford ranger 60/40 bench recovered in canvas with air ride.
10. spin on filters (eventually)

Build thread:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/members-rides/70838-my-first-66-m35a2-work-progress-build-thread.html

I'm going to check out that build... the hyraulics and the wheel building especially!

rogersn67

11. dual altenator system 12 and 24 volt (regular 24 volt and 12 volt for the box on my M109a3 to an inverter) have the 24 volt installed need the 12 volt

Just curious why you don't go with a 24 volt inverter instead of all the work adding another complete electrical system... and if you need 12 volts there are also transformers to convert 24 volt down to useable 12 volt for electroncs....
Just my $.02

tx399999

My done list:

1. Remote brake reservoir
2. Rebuilt axles (seals, cylinders, and pads)
3. Painted 3 color camo with matching cover
4. Dual spring bases with Wrangler bucket seats
5. Heated mirrors
6. Electric wipers with washer
7. LED lights all around
8. Backup and offroad lights
9. Dynomax muffler with new J-pipe and rain flapper
10. Fiberglass troop seats
11. Battery equalizer with auxiliary panel

And alot of other stuff I can't remember right now.

My to do list includes:
1. G177 tires
2. Lockouts
3. Fording kit
4. Spin ons
5. Lockers
6. Lizzard Skin interior
7. Rhino Line the bed
8. Heater with defrost
9. Sigtronics intercom system
10. Auxiliary fuel tank

srodocker

Dang tx399999 your mods. sound exactly like mine hehe thats awesome. have you had trouble with LEDS all the way around yet? with the blinkers blinking to fast and such? also have a link to your elec wipers? and pics of your dual springs? i have 2 spring seats and 2 box seats. with buckets to put on whichever i choose. but now im thinking of going air ride seats...

tx399999

The LEDs work great. I haven't had any problems from them. The wipers are the kit for an A3 that I got from EasternSurplus. They are a huge improvement over the air wipers. Everytime the snow and ice hits I'm out pulling people from ditches, so I need all the help I can get. I was also thinking of getting air rides, but I ended up just lubing and putting new shocks on the spring seats.

Attachments

Heath_h49008

I know... old thread. But I figured search and read before duplicating.

#1. Install the heater kit I'm getting with, but not IN the truck.
#2. Blast and paint. She has 0 rust... but the paint is peeling off in chunks. I'll be lucky if she doesn't start rusting this winter.
#3. pyro/boost guages.
#4... here's where I'm torn...

Power steering... Gringletaube's HF54 box method
or
Brakes... split master cyl, possibly hyrdo-boost
or
395's on singles
or
Power adder such as LDS components, water methanol/propane injection, or just turning the smoke screw

#8. overdrive gear upgrade kit
#9. Build a folding manual crane for the bed, folding ramps 12-24 feet in length, tie-downs, supplemental air tank to run tools.
#10. PTO and Generator with 120A (at least) sealed panel capable of powering the welder, or the house in case of an outage.

All suggestions welcome.
#3.... Muffler. The Moroso spiral from http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce/77251-muffler-multi-fuel.html Awesome thread... I hadn't considered the noise issues.
#4 pyro/boost from here:Automobile Multimeter for EGT, Boost, Blue [SYL-1813B] - $57.50 : auberins.com, Temperature control solutions for home and industry
#5 Water... not meth or Propane... as worked out here: http://www.steelsoldiers.com/deuce-...g/76479-insane-home-water-meth-injection.html combined with careful addition of fuel pressure.
#6 395's... Wishing I was closer to Texas for those $50 50% tread wonders I see advertized from a certain seller.
#7 Brakes and power steering... same time. Maybe over next winter 2012-13.

Overdrive and the rest of the list as I can afford.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks