• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Top 10 Low Pass Fly-By's

KsM715

When I was part of a TACP (Tactical Air Control Party) we could usually get the pilots to do a "panel check" pass. There are 2 thats I remember quite well. The first: on the Ft Riley range we had one F-16 driver go by us so low I swear I could have hit him with a rock.
The second: on the drop range in Kuwait we had a british Tornado fly by and we were looking DOWN in to his cockpit! We were ontop of dune but I didnt think it was that tall.

Coolest thing I've ever seen.

Edit: they got the order wrong. # 3 was the best by far!!

Last edited:

mcmullag

F-15 kinda low

Not super low but still fun. Listen to those engines rip up the sky.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAujzrodH74[/media]

title of youtube video is F-15 flyby over the crowd.
Sorry if the link above is not working for the video.

I saw a F-15E strike eagle (real dark green paint job that looks almost black) do a really cool take off at Lambert International airport , I was driving by on a street near the end of the runway just as it took off and as it passed in front of me about 100 ft off the ground, the pilot slanted the plane sideways yet was still climbing, looked like a goll dang spaceship or sumthin, it just didnt look right for a plane to be sideways and climbing. Ya know, only the F-15 and the F-22, out of the US military aircraft types, have the ability/engine thrust to truly climb straight up and even gain speed as they go vertically up (as opposed to vertically down). I am speaking in terms different than what the Harrier does. When you see F-18's, F-16''s, etc. at airshows doing their verticcal thag, they had to come into it with a lot of speed and when they go vertical they start slowing down and have to turn out of the climb pretty soon. An F-15 or F-22 can take off from a runsway,, roll vertical right away and climb till you can't see them anymore. There are videow on youtube of that too.

Last edited:

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Several years ago, a buddy of mine was working for a company that operated C-130s in New Zealand.

The company was having a party at one of the big wheels place which was a plantation on the coast. My buddy was first officer and the way he tells the story is they were late getting back from a trip and the party was already going. The Captain decides the party needs a buzz job. Buzzing the local "yacht club" was something the crews would do from time to time and everybody voted on the best buzz job.

This was no problem because the plantation was on the coast and they got right on the deck over the water coming in. My buddy thinks this is pretty cool and says they have it fire walled so they are putting out a good set of smoke trails. I saw a picture someone took and they were cooking going through the palm trees approaching the house.

The house had a observation deck on the roof; my friend tells me as they were getting close, he noticed people were jumping off the roof. About this time he's thinking "should I be worried here"? To make a long story short, the only damage was they blew down a palm tree.

They did get voted the best buzz job ever.

13F10

Here's my "LOW PASS" entry.........

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDmfvqQHF10&p=62E018E97FADF7CD&playnext=1&index=4[/media]

TiredIron

rofl

*wipes tears from eyes*

And I thought that it couldn't get any better.. AH...that's good.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks