• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

top help/question

matttupp84

So i removed the homemade hard top this week. I was curious what parts were factory, and what he added on. Is the top piece above the horizontal window frame factory? Its like a curved looking piece of sheet metal. It looks added on, becaue its just tacked welded on with tons of bondo. i've included a picture

Attachments

JBizal

Parts

You have all the correct pieces to put a soft top back on. All you need is canvas at this point. I have it in stock if interested.
John
Midwest Military

matttupp84

Ok cool thanks John. So I need to leave those curve pieces of sheet metal on? That's a correct piece? I'm not quite ready for a top yet but i will definately get with you when I'm ready. I have a list of other stuff I need first. Running boards, windshield frames with glass, all the brake parts, water pump, gas tank, fuel line. Etc etc etc. lol

oldstuff

yes, Matt, the curved sheet metal pieces are factory. they hold the shape of the canvas at the sides of the roof. the tubing at the rear is needed too. The canvas top that John sold me fits great.

John, I've got my M37 finished now. ( M37 body on 90 Dodge chassis w/ cummins 5.9 )
Ray in Rochester.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks