• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Top removal idea

n8roro

I am thinking of installing a custom cargo rack and then using an electric winch inside the garage to lift the top off with. Is lifting the top off by the cargo rack a bad idea? I was thinking of using 6 mounting points with plates on the inside and outside bolted together to attach the rack to the top. I would free the top from the frame manually but lift it with the winch by the cargo rack. From what I have read here the tops are strong, but I have not heard of anyone lifting it by the roof.

cucvrus

They are very strong. I carried them by the roof to the crusher. Not CUCV M1009 but civilian K 5 blazers that were junked. One of my joys was to carry 2 vehicles at a time the full length of the yard. One on each fork. Most American made cars could do it. But the imports opened up like tin cans. I carried a Buick Electra 225 by the steering wheel. Just a short distance. But it held. So lift away on the M1009 top. It is very strong. 4 eye bolts and you wi;ll be good to go.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks