• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

top speed and mpg for M818?

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine will do 70 loaded with 1600's and turbo kickin. MY truck also weights 23k empty.
Not to far back, you posted this,
Originally Posted by jwaller
my 818 weights 28k by itself.

again, I am confused!

Tow4

Steel Soldiers Supporter
yeah, the springs on a m818 are stiff if unloaded. I got a soft top because I got tired of pounding the hard top out with my head! Angie wouldn't even ride with me to Haspin, it was so bad. Rides ok with the empty tanker, rides really sweet with a loaded tanker.
You said that right Adam. I have no doubt that if I hadn't had my seatbelt on, I would have been launched through the roof more than once on my way home from SC. :confused:

Castle Bravo

Hundredaire Socialite
Steel Soldiers Supporter
About 52 mph is what I've had mine up to. It like 49 a bit better. I believe I get about 6-7 miles per gallon.

I love my M818, but it definitely does rattle your teeth out. It gets a bit better with a trailer, but not much. I destroyed my spring seat shock, broke a convoy light bulb, and knocked the shifter out of gear by hitting too big a bump in the industrial part of town at something like 14 mph.

gpp111

My m818 without modification gets 6.3 miles per gallon, pulling an empty ten ton trailer. Speed with trailer is 55-56 mph on generally flat ground, slows to 50mph on hills that are not very steep or long.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks