• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Topfuel Dragster at air show

Jesse6325

Sikorsky

Hellrider, Do you work for Sikorsky? I'm in GSE at (don't laugh) Chase field in Beeville, TX
They are having the Texas mile don here this weekend.

HELLRIDER

No....That would be cool though! I am a mechanic at UPS. OH man! I heard of the Texas mile! I like it all, I won a APBA Pro stock Drag boat championship, tuning a mopar 440 in that boat called FREEDOM! I built a 1970 Trans am to go 200 mph. I'm into old cars, muscle cars, snowmobiles , ect. Anything that runs...slow or fast!I love Helicopters, fighter jets, tanks, subs, aircraft carriers, military trucks...it's all awesome!! I almost bought a Huey helicopter once! No engine, but would have been a cool club house for my nephews! I've been working on that dragster for 14 years. I am blessed! :beer:

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats pretty cool. I only know a couple of folk who can run a top fuel operation without a major sponsor.

Jesse6325

They were running the bikes out there today, Could hear them from where we were in the hangar.
Must have been a good day, Only heard the ambulance once,,,,

HELLRIDER

Thank you, crazywelder72! Our racecar shop is in Seymour Ct. Just up the road from my house. We don't get to have the car out often, except at the track. It was nice to get some different photo's.

Neophyte

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Nice dragster!!! All you need is a Deuce to make that the perfect "Man Fecta" picture - Fast Car, fast plane, and a big green machine. The F4 u when started up (I believe a 2800 cyclone radial or the like) is a sound to behold.

HELLRIDER

crazywelder72 that is a sick bike!!!! Awesome, man! Probably wont get the dragster back to that track, but we did match race Shirley Muldowney there a few years back. You never know though. [thumbzup]

HELLRIDER

Neophyte Thanks, man! a Deuce, would have been awesome in the pics! I think 2800 is correct. At that show, we were next to that engine, mounted to a trailer/engine test stand! We had a little competition, to see who could make the most noise! We won, but that radial was awesome!!!! Those Corsair's are one of my favorite war birds!:twisted:

HELLRIDER

Recovry4x4 Yeah, we have been racing out of pocket, for most of the time. We are still looking for a sponsor, but we will keep racing anyway!;-)